DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly Compatible Phones

I've used three different phones, an old Samsung Galaxy S8, until the battery completely died, I have DJI Fly installed on my S22 Ultra, but have purchased a Samsung A22 5G for £130 solely for use as a controller, and it works great.

I bought a DJI Mini 2 & stupidly thought my free Cricket phone would work with it. When I finally looked at the list of compatible phones, I went on Amazon & looked-up all of them. I found an unlocked Galaxy S10 for about $275 (original price was $900 in 2019). I bought it and have never had a problem connecting & flying my Mini 2. It was also my first flagship phone & I am really impressed with the camera(s). Super wide-angle & telephoto lenses. Pro Modes, Portrait mode, Night mode, slo-mo, super slo-mo, hyperlapse... Computational photography & a tweaking with Snapseed has allowed me to take the best photos & video I have ever taken.

What's the cheapest, mangiest, not-locked phone you can get that will run DJI Fly reliably?

I'm thinking of getting a phone that I only use for the drones.

If it doesn't need it's own phone line, but can just use WiFi to one, so much the better.

Suggestions?

Thx,

TCS
Motorola G30 works perfectly ....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LMcVetty