DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI fly fresh

Oakman

Reactions
So I guess this is the warranty DJI sells for 89.00. So my wife surprised me and bought me a Mav 2 zoom bundle from Amazon. Can I still purchase the warranty for the drone or only if I bu from DJI

Nice surprise that one! And yes you can purchase the DJI care refresh, but only within 48 hours of registering the drone I think. The DJI Go app will keep reminding you until that time expires.

Reactions: Oakman
Awesome. I'll grab that as soon as it arrives.

Yea it's my birthday next week also she bought what is basically the Mav 2 zoom fly more kit from Amazon with the goggles so I'm excited for it to arrive

Reactions: grendeljaeger
So I guess this is the warranty DJI sells for 89.00. So my wife surprised me and bought me a Mav 2 zoom bundle from Amazon. Can I still purchase the warranty for the drone or only if I bu from DJI
Yep, you can get it as long as where it was purchased is an authorized dealer. When you activate it, it will ask you if you want to buy it and you can do so from inside the Go4 app.

The Care Refresh you are talking about is not warranty. It’s insurance. You use Care Refresh if YOU damage your drone, ie, crash it, and there is an increasing cost and limit to the number of claims. If you lose your drone and it’s your fault then DJI won’t replace it, you need the wreck to send in, unless the flight records undeniably prove it was a fault with the drone that caused the loss. But if it’s a fault with the drone that should be covered by warranty.
By the way, happy birthday for next week, enjoy your drone and fly safe!

Reactions: WAXMAN
Is there a better alternative for covering the drone in the US?

What's the cost for replacing it,

Thanks for the wishes lol

What's the cost for replacing it
For the Mavic 2, it costs $119 for the first replacement and $139 for the second replacement. That's of course in addition to paying $139 for the DJI Care Refresh policy. See more details here.

OT: is liability insurance a requirement when flying drones in the US? or is that just a European thing?

is liability insurance a requirement when flying drones in the US?
No.

If one is flying commercially though, it might be a good thing to have (depending on the type of working being done). Some clients will likely not hire a company that does not have insurance.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradl