DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly/MA2 will have a major update in Q3

The ANDROID issue is important. I use my iPhone and iPad to fly, but I really want a Fly app for my Smart Controller which is ANDROID of course. I hope a fully functional SC version is released soon.
Yes, I'd actually like to be using my SC as well. Will welcome the Android version so I can do this.

i am using an android phone with Android 10 installed, i have these settings

As noted up thread, you will have those when looking at the app. They will likely not be there when connected to an MA2. Go ahead and connect to the Air 2 and let us known what happens. Thanks.

I get the advance gimbal settings on my iPhone X but I don’t get them on my Ipad mini 4. And I’m running the latest version 1.1.3. Why would that be?

I get the advance gimbal settings on my iPhone X but I don’t get them on my Ipad mini 4. And I’m running the latest version 1.1.3. Why would that be?
Because you haven’t connected one of the to your MA2. Read previous posts - this is NOT working yet..... try it in anger on your MA2 using your iPhone X

DJI Fly is probably the biggest downside of the MA2, according to this post: Mavic Air 2 Big Updates in Q3: Gimbal/Camera/Exposure Settings and More! - %%, the DJI GO PM Team who is responsible for the app replied to a thread in DJI's official Chinese forum that most of the issues will be fixed in Q3.

The updates will include gimbal smoothness settings, exposure settings, Attitude Indicator, and more.

Source: 大疆御Air 2 有哪些让人不爽?-产品-大疆社区
That fits in with what Litchi told me but delayed a quarter.
Litchi told me they expected the SDK to support waypoints late summer. Litchi would then support waypoints on these birds later in the year.

Reactions: Mitch
Im hating that i cant lock the exposure when shooting in manuel video... i can lock it in auto, but not in manual.
Ummm doesn't manual exposure imply it's not going to change?

Im hating that i cant lock the exposure when shooting in manuel video... i can lock it in auto, but not in manual.
I noticed this too, but then realized that Auto White Balance was still on, try setting that manually also, and see if it makes a difference for you.

Reactions: Max L
DJI Fly is probably the biggest downside of the MA2, according to this post: Mavic Air 2 Big Updates in Q3: Gimbal/Camera/Exposure Settings and More! - %%, the DJI GO PM Team who is responsible for the app replied to a thread in DJI's official Chinese forum that most of the issues will be fixed in Q3.

The updates will include gimbal smoothness settings, exposure settings, Attitude Indicator, and more.

Source: 大疆御Air 2 有哪些让人不爽?-产品-大疆社区
the only way to fix dji fly is to start using normal good old dji go 4 on smart controller... i fly mini a lot this summer but had to get some work done, so charged mavic 2 pro and flew it with a proper controller - gosh, what a difference... it is beyond me what dji tried to accomplish with that switch to dji fly, it is a disaster app, so inferior in so many ways, i do not know. i really dislike it, pretty much all about it. there was 0 reason to alter the controller, there was 0 reason to alter the app. it is same as if xbox decided to reshape all buttons and all functions of the gamepad they have for so many years now. stupid pointless move.

• Love
Reactions: Ron Caballero CAP
the only way to fix dji fly is to start using normal good old dji go 4 on smart controller... i fly mini a lot this summer but had to get some work done, so charged mavic 2 pro and flew it with a proper controller - gosh, what a difference... it is beyond me what dji tried to accomplish with that switch to dji fly, it is a disaster app, so inferior in so many ways, i do not know. i really dislike it, pretty much all about it. there was 0 reason to alter the controller, there was 0 reason to alter the app. it is same as if xbox decided to reshape all buttons and all functions of the gamepad they have for so many years now. stupid pointless move.
I totally and thoroughly AGREE with this post. DJI GO 4 works just fine on Mavic Air...so, WHY NOT on the Mavic Air 2 as well? GO 4 offers a number of different drones. I encourage DJI to add Mavic Air 2 as one more of them!

I suspect Go4 will vanish in the next year or two with new models being released, more drones will be added to Fly, (someone already managed to fly a Spark with Fly in a beta) and it will become more sophisticated eventually. When the SDK is released you can use Litchi which has a great interface if you cant stomach Fly.

Reactions: coneslayer
and it will become more sophisticated eventually
so, eventually, in many years ahead it will become what go4 is already _today_? like i said - totally ridiculous. all those marketing games - i start suspecting it is not even marketing - it is just an extremely poor management of the IT development cycle inside of DJI, they simply do not have an ability to maintain their product cycles and evolve at the same time.
any new product they do goes from the ground 0 into production ignoring previous 'lessons learned' and each new product come out with same or similar bugs previous models had had - it is just the way it is. poor management and no experience of proper product evolution.

to me, having spent multiple $xK into that infrastructure, all this makes 0 sense. i do not regret it - what i have now works very well for what i need it, but, looking at what they do now - it is quite retarded, sorry.

I suspect Go4 will vanish in the next year or two with new models being released, more drones will be added to Fly, (someone already managed to fly a Spark with Fly in a beta) and it will become more sophisticated eventually. When the SDK is released you can use Litchi which has a great interface if you cant stomach Fly.
You mention Litchi. For my purposes, however, I need access to DronDeploy or Pix4D. I trust that when Litchi can be accessed on DJI Fly, the others can be accessed as well as they are with GO4.

You mention Litchi. For my purposes, however, I need access to DronDeploy or Pix4D. I trust that when Litchi can be accessed on DJI Fly, the others can be accessed as well as they are with GO4.
That's not quite correct. You would not access Litchi on DJI Fly, its a totally separate piece of software. As are drone deploy and Pix4D, so that would also require them (those product's developers) to attain the SDK from DJI to enable this aircraft on those platforms.

Reactions: Ron Caballero CAP
so, eventually, in many years ahead it will become what go4 is already _today_? like i said - totally ridiculous. all those marketing games - i start suspecting it is not even marketing - it is just an extremely poor management of the IT development cycle inside of DJI, they simply do not have an ability to maintain their product cycles and evolve at the same time.
any new product they do goes from the ground 0 into production ignoring previous 'lessons learned' and each new product come out with same or similar bugs previous models had had - it is just the way it is. poor management and no experience of proper product evolution.

to me, having spent multiple $xK into that infrastructure, all this makes 0 sense. i do not regret it - what i have now works very well for what i need it, but, looking at what they do now - it is quite retarded, sorry.
I dont disagree, it certainly seems to be haphazard thus far, and I prefer Go4. Its not marketing IMHO, its the beginning of a migration of hardware to a new software interface, which for whatever reason, they have deemed necessary, I read something about 32bit vs 64bit architecture being a concern, and perhaps they feel that whatever is in their pipeline will no longer be served effectively by Go4. Many years ahead, perhaps not, the regulatory bodies of this world are squeezing this niche consumer market to a regretable end, hopefully we have some decent time left as hobbyists. For those actually working commercially, its a different outcome perhaps. Perhaps not. All just my take on this.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeaconB