DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly Safe software

1bad

Reactions
Good Morning,

I have a question about the fly safe software that DJI keeps trying to install on my drone. Ever since I started flying my Air DJI asks me on startup to install it and I ignore it. What exactly is that going to do for me, or how is it going to limit me?

Appreciate your time
Aaron

Reactions: DDS
Good Morning,

I have a question about the fly safe software that DJI keeps trying to install on my drone. Ever since I started flying my Air DJI asks me on startup to install it and I ignore it. What exactly is that going to do for me, or how is it going to limit me?

Appreciate your time
Aaron

I don’t think many people can tell you “exactly” what it can do for you, however, there’s a good chance it can limit you.

It's not so much about limiting - but will be trying to update the drone's firmware so that it's aware of No Fly Zones where you are not allowed to fly a drone. So you can look at it two ways depending on how you think about this ... It's either going to limit the areas you can fly in (like airports for e.g.), or it's going to make it safer for you and other airspace users, for you to fly your drone. There are multiple layers of 'Geo-Fencing' that range from warnings through to No-Go! The updates to Go4 will show you where these areas are, and the drone can be 'unlocked' for some of these, but not for the most serious ...

Reactions: dawgpilot
It's not so much about limiting - but will be trying to update the drone's firmware so that it's aware of No Fly Zones where you are not allowed to fly a drone. So you can look at it two ways depending on how you think about this ... It's either going to limit the areas you can fly in (like airports for e.g.), or it's going to make it safer for you and other airspace users, for you to fly your drone. There are multiple layers of 'Geo-Fencing' that range from warnings through to No-Go! The updates to Go4 will show you where these areas are, and the drone can be 'unlocked' for some of these, but not for the most serious ...

Go4 and LAANC/Dronezone are not synced yet. Issues can arise. Been discussed thoroughly in this forum.

I know from experience that if you dont update ALL fly safe data you will not be able to unlock DJI NFZ,s. It took me some time to figure this out because I didn't realize that there's more that one database. There's a general and a precision (not totally sure these names are correct but close anyway) .
Good Morning,

Appreciate your time
Aaron

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hippysmavic