DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly update message

NLOL

Reactions
I haven;t flown for quite awhile MA2. I was doing software updates this morn. I updated firmware, after several failures. Then I turned to DJI Fly - that sequence seems strange but DJI Fly itself v1.1.6 (823) said nothing about itself needing an update but said the firmware needed an update and click here to update. So I did.

Now DJI Fly is showing a screen that says Mavic Air 2 V02.00.1200 (not what I expected) and also shows a selection to be made that looks kinda like

DJI FLY
Allow DJI Fly to access DJI RC-N1?
O Always open DJI Fly when DJI RC-N1 is connected

Cancel OK

I never heard of DJI RC-N1, so I did an internet search. I appears to be a sun shield for sunny days. Sounds like a mechanical device, but would have to have signal or sensor connection to mobile device in order to start DJI Fly. Both seem unlikely. What is going on on here?

Most likely Fly 1.1.6 not being fully compatible with the new RC (remote controller) firmware. Update Fly to latest version (1.2.2) and you should be fine.

Before you go any further can you, if needed/desired, roll the firmware back to earlier versions?
There are some features of the 1.2.2 App that you may not like, encrypted logs being the thing that stops me from updating the App at least and I don't wish to run the risk of conflicts my firmware is quite old. That said I'd love to have the updated attitude indicator of 1.2.2 but, for me, it just isn't worth loosing the logs

RC-N1 is your remote.

App is old, and since DJI have released new firmware a week or so ago and removed all older ones as well as preventing downgrade the app probably looked for an old firmware that doesn't exist anymore until it was relaunched.

PF - dang, I did not know that. I just updated everything - mom, need to check assistant and batteries. Encripted log files - does that mean the helpful trouble shooters here and we pilots who use/care about such things are SOL? That is very ungood, although the security against who want to control everything in life seems like a good idea.

You would think that if Airdata can read the logs, then other tools could too. Perhaps Airdata would be willing to share what's changed?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61