DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Fly: "You are not logged In"

jclarkw

Reactions
For the first time today, after the "You are not connected" message goes away as the Mavic Air 2 connects to the remote controller, DJI Fly tells me:

"You are not logged in."

Tapping this message brings up another message, "Account not logged in. Flight altitude and distance restricted to 20 m and 50 m. Check and log in(code: 3000003)," and a login button. If I ignore this message, my flight is indeed restricted as warned.

If I tap the login button on the smartphone screen, I can "Log in or register," but I have no idea what account I'm supposed to log into. (It also displays a hashed code that I would normaly copy to show I'm a real person, but it gives me nowhere to enter code.) If, for example, I type in the email address used for my DJI Account (and this forum), it first tells me:

"Check network"

of course, because I have no connection. If I go somewhere that there is Wi-Fi and turn off airplane mode, it allows me to enter a password. Using the one associated with this account, I get the message:

"Invalid email"

and I'm stuck -- a new "Catch 22" courtesy off DJI?

This is a major new problem because I'm usually flying out of range of wi-fi or cell reception. Thus I always fly my Mavic Air 2 with the smartphone in airplane mode. This procedure has worked fine over numerous flights in several locations (including this one) until today. The only way I've found to (temporarily) elminate the "You are not logged in" message and fly normally is to force-stop the DJI app on the phone and then re-start it. This allows me to make one flight, but the message comes back as soon as I try another flight.

Technical Details:
DJIFly 1.2.1 (never upgraded because I want the ability to display unincrypted flight data in CsvView or other offline software.)
Samsung [Correction: LG] G6 Android smartphone
Mavic Air 2 fly-more package with included controller
Windows 10 (20H2)

I'd be most grateful for any explanation and help! -- jclarkw

Last edited:
You log out of the app and then login again with your DJI account.
Normally it's done once and for good but you may have to redo it once in a while...

Reactions: jclarkw
Well, I don't know what I was doing wrong, but this time, sitting at my desk with DJI Fly connected through the controller to the A/C and my smartphone connected to Wi-Fi, I was able to "login" (presumably to my DJI account, but why?), using the same email and password as before. It seemed to remain "logged in" (at least no warning message) if I shut everything down, went back to airplane mode, and started it all up again.

I still have no idea what's going on here (explanations please!), but I hope it lasts through several more months of flying in airplane mode! -- jclarkw

Last edited:
You log out of the app and then login again with your DJI account.
Normally it's done once and for good but you may have to redo it once in a while...
Sorry, Kilrah -- I'm not seeing any place to "log out of the app." Perhaps I did this inadvertently? Or DJI did it to me?

Or perhaps I logged out of the DJI Web site (or forum) while on my computer. Could the app have figured that out when I connected to Wi-Fi to trick satellite pictures of a new area into it's cache? -- jclarkw

I came looking for this thread (Hurrah for search!) because the same thing happened to me for the first time yesterday. Unfortunately, I was not in an area where I could log in. No cell access. At home today I can log in, enter password and yep, problem solved.

So here's my question. Yesterday was no big deal, I was just down the road a bit. But what if I had driven 500 miles over two days to a remote area with no cell access to do some video with my drone and the software gods decided out of the blue that I need to "log in." Now what? Am I hosed until I can drive far enough to get cell access and appease the software gods by logging in again? (Hoping that the login will last for the duration of the trip!) Or is there something else I can do?

Note: Did not understand the "Profile->Settings->bottom" reference. Where is that and what will it do for me?

Thanks for any insights!
Bryan

I get this message alot when launching and am only 4 ft away from mini 2 with good internet and or wifi it comes up while laanc approval is going on I usually have to restart app to work

This happened to me tonight as well. Don't know if it's because I cleared my browser history? Maybe.
Anyway, If I'm unable to go to some scenic landscape out the range of wifi and can't operate the drone then it's useless to me.
Purchased on Amazon and I'm still able to return it. It would be a shame because it really is an awesome little machine.

Guys -- I'm pretty sure I have a work around, but it requires you to be careful: After logging on once, turn on airplane mode your mobile device. Then make sure you NEVER have wifi or cellular on when you're running DJI Fly thereafter. This has seemed to work for me for quite a while, although once I made a mistake and started DJI Fly while still connected. Immediately the login issue started again! Regards to All -- jclarkw

Guys -- I'm pretty sure I have a work around, but it requires you to be careful: After logging on once, turn on airplane mode your mobile device. Then make sure you NEVER have wifi or cellular on when you're running DJI Fly thereafter. This has seemed to work for me for quite a while, although once I made a mistake and started DJI Fly while still connected. Immediately the login issue started again! Regards to All -- jclarkw
All -- Is the above working for everybody, or does somebody have problems with a newer version of DJI Fly?

(I'm still running vs. 1.4..8 for android in order to fit in an older cell phone.) -- jclarkw

All -- Is the above working for everybody, or does somebody have problems with a newer version of DJI Fly?

(I'm still running vs. 1.4..8 for android in order to fit in an older cell phone.) -- jclarkw
Update: I'm not using any "Authorization Zones," just trying to fly in non-restricted airspace. Some have reported this problem when trying to use "Authorization Zones." Has/Is anyone observing this problem non-restricted besides me? -- jclarkw

turn on airplane mode your mobile device
Words to live by. I have never allowed a WiFi connection when using a DJI product.
That includes any of the DJI smart controllers that I have.
Hopefully whatever bug you guys are experiencing gets a solution.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arbee