DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI FPV drone (full list of features & pricing)

I can't imagine doing, depending what mode you're in 60/90 MPH
The thing will be in tiny pieces in no time.
Yes, that would only be a high altitude /free air thing.. I heard 87 mph is its top limit.
If I were to do it I would wait a bit and see how its working in the real world before I got one.... Wanna buy a used MA2 with a iPad mini5 set up? ?

Surprised or maybe not yet available, most FPV drones have a cage to protect the drone and all other things it can crash into. I recently picked up one of these and especially flying indoors or around people the cage is important. GEPRC TinyGO. Kinda reminds me of the dodgem ride cars.1614615932178.png

Yes, that would only be a high altitude /free air thing.. I heard 87 mph is its top limit.
If I were to do it I would wait a bit and see how its working in the real world before I got one.... Wanna buy a used MA2 with a iPad mini5 set up? ?
yeah you're right, wait a while to iron out the problems then i'll sell
a kidney to get one.

Discussing avoidance raises the question, what other FPV drone actually has any level of avoidance systems? Many that I've noted here and there, are usually home built, and because of the speed and skill required to fly one effectively you are almost guaranteed to crash, so you have slews of parts to keep putting them back together and avoidance sensors of any kind are non-existent.

Any idea what the range would be and the flight time ?

Reactions: RMS001
Any idea what the range would be and the flight time ?
Don't think I've seen anything on range, though I think I spotted like 20 minutes flight time, though that probably of course depends on how your flying and what mode etc...

Don't think I've seen anything on range, though I think I spotted like 20 minutes flight time, though that probably of course depends on how your flying and what mode etc...

Just read it's 10km range in ideal conditions with 16.8km in distance

Just read it's 16.8km range in ideal conditions
thats about 9 miles, so if your at top speed which is reportedly fast, can you fly out that far and back in 20 minutes..

thats about 9 miles, so if your at top speed which is reportedly fast, can you fly out that far and back in 20 minutes..

Top speed is apparently 93mph, so it should make it there and back in 20min.

Interesting. I am starting to save for this.

Reactions: A.O.
Surprised or maybe not yet available, most FPV drones have a cage to protect the drone and all other things it can crash into. I recently picked up one of these and especially flying indoors or around people the cage is important. GEPRC TinyGO. Kinda reminds me of the dodgem ride cars.View attachment 124886
You’re not entirely correct. The type of drone you have pictured is a specific type of FPV drone called a whoop. There are many open frame FPV drones with zero prop protection.

Reactions: A.O.
I
Top speed is apparently 93mph, so it should make it there and back in 20min.
I’ve seen 87mph and 93mph reported so it will likely be somewhere in that range. I’ve seen 20mins and “nearly 30mins” reported so I guess we’ll find out very soon. Either way I’ll be “in line” for one in the morning lol

in the video's I've seen, it has an interesting start up sound, it sounds like is growling or something...

Also, but not unexpected, the Fly App will be updated to 1.3.x to add support for the FPV.

I

I’ve seen 87mph and 93mph reported so it will likely be somewhere in that range. I’ve seen 20mins and “nearly 30mins” reported so I guess we’ll find out very soon. Either way I’ll be “in line” for one in the morning lol

Hope you normally don't get motion sickness

Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa