DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI FPV drone (full list of features & pricing)

wait a sec , 1300 per SET , drone by itself just 740$ and on my opinion 20% of the drone price is way toooo much
I guess one would have to compare to other Mavic's, the other thing to consider is the FPV is a speed demon, many reviewers have already crashed this drone, I think the extra cost is because of the potential to crash.. I am not sure whether they could have designed his to be more crash proof, and still had reasonable weight and cost, so they have to recover the possibility that many people are going to be doing refresh on this bird.

That is for 2 years,.. or about $160 a year for a $1300 drone... Though I guess technically the drone is probably under $1K after you remove the cost of accessories. Not sure what care refresh is without looking what it might be for a Mavic Pro or Zoom that was around $13-1500..
The drone is $960CDN by itself. I wasn’t aware of that at the time of purchasing a $380CDN replacement plan that still costs $328CDN, $341CDN & $353CDN for replacement. The first crash creates minimal value for the care refresh, but should a person crash a second/third time the value is realized lol. I’m yet to crash a drone and I own 6 (if you count the tiny hawk 2 and amazon $150 MM clone lol) besides the DJI FPV, but somehow I feel like I’ll use care refresh more than once with this unit ?

Reactions: sparksalive
wait a sec , 1300 per SET , drone by itself just 740$ and on my opinion 20% of the drone price is way toooo much
There’s guaranteed to be a much higher number of crashes with this drone than another other DJI drone. DJI is mitigating risk with the steeper price tag on care refresh, as well as steeper price on the subsidized replacement rate.

Reactions: Thomas B
I've bought Care refresh for the first time with this guy as well, never crashed a DJI drone but with this one not seeing a branch stick out when flying between trees at 100km/h is always gonna be a risk ?

Reactions: sparksalive
I’m really liking this as I’ve wanted to get into real fpv for a while. My question is what is the chance that either 1 of my goggles will work? I have both original whites abs Re version. Or did they make it now that you need another set of DJI goggles?
I assume the controller is a must? Can’t use my magic pro controller? If you buy just the drone, I assume the remote control is separate. If any of my goggles will work, what’s the cost of drone and controller?

if you had this, what would be the advantage of keeping my magic pro. Can’t I just fly the fpv version in S or N mode and not fully manual and get same quality footage as magic pro.

I kept my phantom 3s when I bought my pro only to fly it once in last 3 years. I don’t want to have another bird sitting around if not really needed.

thoughts

mike

Looks like I'll have one in my hands today ?
?still waiting for that sailing ship, to put wind to her sails, and get here to the USA, from China!! Ordered a week ago, still no shipping date! But a spare battery, props, and the motion controller will be here soon, to sit on the shelf!!?

• Haha
Reactions: Eugenious99
I will be interested to see whether the new fangled motion controller will make manual FPV flying easier. Because,I am starting to try and learn it, and man is it hard

I figured and then will need the updated goggles after that, and so on.
Would it be that hard to be able to have it compatible with the other goggles?
Jeez
Upgrades and obsolescence are a part of tech, most of us realize that. Though there are some that think that nothing should ever become obsolete because they bought it for big $$, though there are expensive items that I've bought that have lost 50% or more of their value in a year, replaced by the next gen.. Just the way it goes...

There are probably really good reasons for the new hardware to use the new designed googles.. There are probably specific features that the previous generation could not match that just don't allow them to work.

Reactions: Kilrah
As to replacing a Mavic for shots one would use a Mavic for, no. It's a complement, but won't replace since it can't really make fully stabilized, "horizon always flat" kind of shots in a well-controlled manner.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78