DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

3 DJI FPV is faster than ski Jets. You might need to turn your volume down.

I see you found the FPVDronePilots forum and posted there.
It’s good to see the DJI FPV drone stuff here, they are more like a Mavic etc to fly that the normal FPV style drones.
(At least in the easier 2 modes you can use.)

Fast and nimble for sure.
Be sure of your manual mode flying before trying that over the ocean like that.

edit typo

Last edited:
Reactions: John Gowland
I'd like to get a FPV drone, but I suffer from motion sickness and a puke bucket next to me while flying might not be good for the PIC. 🤢

I see you found the FPVDronePilots forum and posted there.
It’s good to see the DJI FPV drone stuff here, they are more like a Mavic etc to fly that the normal FPV style drones.
(At least in the easier 2 modes you can use.)

Fast and nimble for sure.
Be sure of your manual mode flying before trying that over the ocean like that.

edit typo
For sure I have a very big grassed area marked out for manual mode. Do you or anyone know of a video that takes you through the steps of trying manual mode for the first time? I have no idea how to do it. I know you use the allen key to loosen one of the sticks and that if you hit the break, I think, it goes back to normal mode. So a simple vid would be great.
Thanks.

Yeah, I heard you can do one simple thing and just stop fast and hover, much like pause in the regular Mavic controllers.

Searching YouTube for > learning dji fpv flight < these were top hits . . .

And DJI’s own tutorial from its library . . .

Lots, LOTS more following in that search, this one looked good, like the regular drone flight drills . . .

https://youtu.be/Y_leCyI78Ng

Flying manual from zero to hero . . .

https://youtu.be/Gb8nez1VtTk

For sure I have a very big grassed area marked out for manual mode. Do you or anyone know of a video that takes you through the steps of trying manual mode for the first time? I have no idea how to do it. I know you use the allen key to loosen one of the sticks and that if you hit the break, I think, it goes back to normal mode. So a simple vid would be great.
Thanks.
If you have never flown quads be wary of learning M mode on this drone. Best bet is to practice on the simulator in M mode or to learn with a quad. I did a little of both but found M mode just too risky on such an expensive drone. When you are flying in S mode low level flying is fairly safe even at high speed because altitude is controlled only by the left stick. In M mode both the right and left stick control altitude and small adjustments in altitude in pitch can change altitude rapidly. So the whole mind set is different, doable but takes a lot of practice. I enjoy this drone more just flying in S and N mode and it is still crazy fun because it is so easy to fly low and fast. What I am hoping DJI does is to come out with a Cinewhoop or small CF drone that is compatible with the controller and goggles that would be less risky.

I suffer the same motion sickness very badly but I got used to the Dji FPV you don’t have to fly a crazy you can just go straight low and fast witch is my favorite fpv flying

Reactions: MA2 317
Excellent footage, FPV drones are fast...

One more tip I've read about in many YouTube FPV tutorials / FPV pilots channels, is get onto a simulator for FPV and practice there, they really do apparently set you up well to fly atti.

I just downloaded FPV.SkyDive free which plays through Steam I found, you to set up the Futaba 14SG to see if it works, but luckily my IT son is home still and I'll get his assistance :)

Another basic FPV sim is FPV Freerider.

(Not sure if DJI FPV controller will work with sims ? If not, a suitable TX is needed.)

DJI have their FPV sim, never tried it, and not sure if they do an FPV sim for the FPV drone, might be worth looking through their site first for that, as it should be ample to learn the sticks / fine control etc.

After flying a sim for some time, I would definitely get onto a RTF tinywhoop or similar, and not risk a couple of grand (AU$) of DJI FPV drone.
Perth (Australia) is home to an FPV shop, their website and page for micro drone RTF . . .

One more tip I've read about in many YouTube FPV tutorials / FPV pilots channels, is get onto a simulator for FPV and practice there, they really do apparently set you up well to fly atti.

I just downloaded FPV.SkyDive free which plays through Steam I found, you to set up the Futaba 14SG to see if it works, but luckily my IT son is home still and I'll get his assistance :)

Another basic FPV sim is FPV Freerider.

(Not sure if DJI FPV controller will work with sims ? If not, a suitable TX is needed.)

DJI have their FPV sim, never tried it, and not sure if they do an FPV sim for the FPV drone, might be worth looking through their site first for that, as it should be ample to learn the sticks / fine control etc.

After flying a sim for some time, I would definitely get onto a RTF tinywhoop or similar, and not risk a couple of grand (AU$) of DJI FPV drone.
Perth (Australia) is home to an FPV shop, their website and page for micro drone RTF . . .

Please take no notice
Take no interest just a test

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman