DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji FPV

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup
My suggestion based on pilot skill would be to choose the MA2.
The DJI FPV drone requires way more skill to fly and should only be considered once you have some flight time under your belt.
Just my opinion.
Good luck with what you decide.😊

The FPV may not produce the footage you seek, if you want horizontal horizons then you can't use it where the drone has side winds.
Alex_markov's (a member here) early videos are with the FPV and wonderful but it looks like he either encountered no side wind or edited them out.
PLUS, you may need sea-legs and a spotter to use the FPV.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Hi guys I am a new drone user never used any drones but planning to buy one found some options like DJI air 2 and DJI FPV but I want to ask that shall a buy DJI FPV being a noob or shall go with air 2
The FPV is awesome, but very different. More fun, more work.

I'd suggest getting a used Mini-1,-2,-SE and banging around with it for a couple of weeks, before getting the FPV. You can then keep or sell the used Mini.

The FPV in Normal Mode flies like a big, fat, fast, powerful Mini-2. If you're comfortable with the Mini, you'll have no problem with the FPV in Normal Mode. Then you can advance from that, or not, at your discretion.

Unless you're rolling in money I wouldn't consider the FPV to be a starter drone!

:cool:

Welcome to the forum. I am happy with my MA2. We look forward to your participation and your view of the world.

The FPV is awesome, but very different. More fun, more work.

I'd suggest getting a used Mini-1,-2,-SE and banging around with it for a couple of weeks, before getting the FPV. You can then keep or sell the used Mini.

The FPV in Normal Mode flies like a big, fat, fast, powerful Mini-2. If you're comfortable with the Mini, you'll have no problem with the FPV in Normal Mode. Then you can advance from that, or not, at your discretion.

Unless you're rolling in money I wouldn't consider the FPV to be a starter drone!

:cool:
Good idea I will use air 2 fro few months and get experienced then would buy the FPV 🙂🙃

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!​

I think the FPV is easier to fly with the hand-trigger controller. By far. That said, you really do need a person watching around you because you can't see a plane or helicopter approaching from in back of you. The FPV does not have a three axis gimble so if you are sliding left or right or maintaining position in a side wind the horizon will be tilted. It is, however, seriously fun to see thing FPV. I'm not sure why anyone would by a 2 vs a 2s other than (of course) you can get the 2 cheaper. The uprades for the 2s are absolutely worth it if you can afford it, and if think of the cost over a 4 or 5 year period it's not that high IMHO. For most folks the 2 or 2s makes better sense simply due to the reality that the FPV does require a spotter for safe use.

Welcome aboard!

You don't need to start with a photo drone then move up. Control theory between FPV and Stabilized mode is totally different. You just need to practice in the sim, then go out and practice some more.

Then you'll be able to do great videos, like this:

This is only three months practice.

The main problem in starting with FPV is that “normal” drone flying (like mavic air or mini) might look boring. In any way both are very nice ways to spend some free time!
Yeah well, flying the dji fpv in normal/sport is akin to a less featured fast mavic. That's why it's a good idea to go manual from the get go. That's where it's true potential gets to shine.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan