DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GeoFence has a 60 meter altitude limit in Bayland Park, Sunnyvale, California...

Speedmeister

Reactions
I went and flew today. Updated the map while I was there. I cant go up beyond 60 meters in altitude.

Be happy you can even do that, given that it's less than 2 miles from a military airport.

Makes you scratch your head when you see those jump from 0 straight up to 300 or 400. Doesn't quite make sense.

Makes you scratch your head when you see those jump from 0 straight up to 300 or 400. Doesn't quite make sense.
I agree, but having worked for the government, it makes perfect sense to me.

Thanks. It doesnt bother me that the new map update limits altitude to 60 meters.

It's also in the flight line of San Jose's airport...though Moffett Field is pretty close.

Here's an app I like. ArcGIS Web Application
As you can see, you're in some dicey areas. Those red numbers are ceiling levels.View attachment 53519
The link you posted shows the fairly new LAANC system map and is not connected with DJI's altitude restrictions. It shows areas surrounding airports in which you could obtain near-immediate permission to fly in controlled airspace (instead of waiting for the 90 day approval process), provided your flight stays under the altitudes shown on the grid.

Reactions: kissmybrass
Be happy you can even do that, given that it's less than 2 miles from a military airport.
moffett field is no longer military. it is now almost never used research field. and will be shut down in about 10 years. it is sad they moved the coast guard to north sac. a hr or longer to feet wet. moffett was 20 min to feet wet. but people that moved in under the glide path pay more in taxes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000