DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Geozones-Airmap conflict

prb

Reactions
The instructions for unlocking a location that's in a DJI NFZ require uploading Airmap's (or similar entities') authorization to fly. However, if Airmap does not show that the location is in a airspace with any kind of restrictions, it doesn't (as far as I can tell) issue an authorization, so I cannot unlock the NFZ.

Suggestions, please?

The instructions for unlocking a location that's in a DJI NFZ require uploading Airmap's (or similar entities') authorization to fly. However, if Airmap does not show that the location is in a airspace with any kind of restrictions, it doesn't (as far as I can tell) issue an authorization, so I cannot unlock the NFZ.

Suggestions, please?
The location you are trying to fly would be helpful

45°35'17.5"N 123°02'39.5"W
So you are correct that it is not controlled airspace but is a DJI authorization zone. There’s actually three DJI authorization zones that converge right at that spot.

This is just a self-unlock zone, however, so you can either unlock by clicking the checkbox in the app while you have internet connection or you can do a self-unlock through the DJI flysafe website and download the unlock to the drone through the app while you have internet connection.

If you are trying to get a longer term custom unlock from DJI you might try this old trick in AirMap.

Make your flight area so that it extends in to the nearby controlled airspace. This will trigger the LAANC authorization process and get you an authorization
E1784035-E26A-4A5D-879D-95E3C969BB08.png
That way you have something to send to DJI. Not sure if this will actually work since I haven’t had to do something like this but worth a try.

I just went through the exact same scenario this past week. Getting ATC authorization means nothing to DJI. You have to request unlock authorization from DJI. I'm not sure how to it in one of the fly apps, so I did it from my computer. You will need to know your controller's serial number and I think need to be near an internet connection of some sort. As recent as this was I don't rember the whole protocol (mentalpause setting in combined with CRS disease). Clumsy and confusing, for sure.

Use the term "overly broad GEO Fence restrictions" in your unlock request. Mention there is no permission required to fly there.

Reactions: BigAl07

Suggestions, please?
Try using Kittyhawk. It works well for me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22