DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Gimbal Foam Arrived

Gunfighter420

Reactions
Emailed DJI on the 10th and received today 8 days later. Asked them for two and they sent two free of charge. Slip them on before folding the the rear legs and it prevents motor hitting the gimbal. Foam is stiff enough to where I squeeze hard to try and hit the gimbal, they won't touch. Ships from SoCal Priority mail.

Great customer service!

1 by Fred Sanidad, on Flickr

2 by Fred Sanidad, on Flickr

3 by Fred Sanidad, on Flickr

Nice!

Why are these not included with each M3 sold?
I found out on some thread that they just started using these on the Cine bundles. DJI probably have seen complaints and just started using them on new shipments. One of the members said he emailed DJI and they shipped it to him free so I followed suit. Just email them from the DJI website in the support section then contacts. They'll send you one (in my case I asked for two) pretty fast.

Just ordered a standard Mavic 3 and I'm hoping that they'll come with it too otherwise I'll have to hit up DJI. Thanks for sharing!

I just requested one via their support chat. The gentleman took my information and said that I should hear something within a couple days. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: Gunfighter420
I received a new one yesterday directly from DJI and does not come with the foam.

I received a replacement/repaired Mavic 3C from the California DJC repair center on 20220117 that was shipped a week earlier. It had one of these foam yokes in place.

I am conflicted about using that yoke on the drone after my flights. While it does seem to prevent contact between the folded rear arms and the gimbal struts once in place, putting it on seems to loosen the camera / gimbal from its locked state. I recall reading somewhere that we should avoid moving the camera/gimbal when it is locked after shutdown. If that recollection is correct I’m not sure which is worse for the longevity of camera / gimbal - contact between the struts and the folded legs or frequently moving a camera / gimbal from locked status.

Howard

Reactions: T-REX
I received a replacement/repaired Mavic 3C from the California DJC repair center on 20220117 that was shipped a week earlier. It had one of these foam yokes in place.

I am conflicted about using that yoke on the drone after my flights. While it does seem to prevent contact between the folded rear arms and the gimbal struts once in place, putting it on seems to loosen the camera / gimbal from its locked state. I recall reading somewhere that we should avoid moving the camera/gimbal when it is locked after shutdown. If that recollection is correct I’m not sure which is worse for the longevity of camera / gimbal - contact between the struts and the folded legs or frequently moving a camera / gimbal from locked status.

Howard
I get the concern, but given that DJI sells filters and a wide angle lens, and that the gimble will in all likelihood be moved from its locked state when those filters/lens are applied, I would surmise that DJI is okay with having the gimble moved from its locked state.

Thanks for the tip on this!

I found out on some thread that they just started using these on the Cine bundles. DJI probably have seen complaints and just started using them on new shipments. One of the members said he emailed DJI and they shipped it to him free so I followed suit. Just email them from the DJI website in the support section then contacts. They'll send you one (in my case I asked for two) pretty fast.
What link for the part from dji

Followed Gunfighters lead and wrote support as well. Looks like a low rent workaround, but it could be made of gold if it keeps the wear off the gimbal arms. I am starting to see a bit on the right side one, none on the left and I am pretty careful about it. I also asked for 2. Its a piece of foam, and Mavic 3, expensive, blah blah... It's become synonymous with this drone. . "Wow, that mink coat must have cost Mavic 3 money" Thanks to the OP for the heads up.

Reactions: Gunfighter420
As I suspected. It will be more pleasant to get a root canal. I asked support for the foam. They want serial number place of purchase a copy of the invoice and a few other things I can’t remember. Can’t they see from my account that I’m flying this drone?

As I suspected. It will be more pleasant to get a root canal. I asked support for the foam. They want serial number place of purchase a copy of the invoice and a few other things I can’t remember. Can’t they see from my account that I’m flying this drone?
I know, it's just a standard form most likely for more extensive or expensive repair under warranty. Unfortunately even for requesting a $.50 part we all have to go through standard company procedures.

The gimbal form feels like more of a hassle, if I have to take it out and then put it back, every time before/after the flight.

When you receive the new Mavic 3, it has two pieces of plastic films covering both sides of the gimbal arm. They also prevent the motor from hitting the gimbal. As long as you don't peel them off, you don't need the gimbal form. If you already lost them, just apply another thin layer of plastic film on both side of the gimbal arm, and then problem solved.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet