DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO 4. Android vs IOS for M2P??

hidaven

Reactions
Need a new phone.....anyone have any comments on Apple vs Android as far as the go app? Stability is key for me. Thanks in advance.

I switched back to apple just to have a smooth experience.

Need a new phone.....anyone have any comments on Apple vs Android as far as the go app? Stability is key for me. Thanks in advance.
Apple or Android doesn't matter.
Either operating system works just fine.
Getting a device with enough power and memory is what matters.

Reactions: Fplvert
iOS is favored the last poll as I remember.;)
Poll: IOS or Android?
I started out with Samsung S3; worked good but too small.
Then I got a iPad Mini; worked great but not fast enough for DJI Pilot App.:( So, I used a nVidea Shield (Android) for flying Phantoms and my Mavic Pro. I do remember some people having issues when they updated their android OS, so I never did any. Updates. Ever.;)
For the new bird, I’m using a 9.7” IPad Pro or iPhone 6S. Both work flawlessly with DJI Go 4.

Reactions: ksmusa and dirkclod
iOS is favored the last poll as I remember.;)
Poll: IOS or Android?
I started out with Samsung S3; worked good but too small.
Then I got a iPad Mini; worked great but not fast enough for DJI Pilot App.:( So, I used a nVidea Shield (Android) for flying Phantoms and my Mavic Pro. I do remember some people having issues when they updated their android OS, so I never did any. Updates. Ever.;)
For the new bird, I’m using a 9.7” IPad Pro or iPhone 6S. Both work flawlessly with DJI Go 4.
And if you used a good Android device (like the Huawei M3 or M5) it also works flawlessly.
The issue isn't the operating system, it's the tablet.
Inadequate tablets don't run DJI Go properly, good ones do.

And if you used a good Android device (like the Huawei M3 or M5) it also works flawlessly.
Sorry you missed it, we had quite a few members lose functionality with Android 7.
why is android a problem

Sorry you missed it, we had quite a few members lose functionality with Android 7.
why is android a problem
There's nothing in that thread that's at all conclusive or changes my assessment.
But a lot of the participants in that thread have no idea what they were talking about.
Apple owns 33% of DJI is a classic example of the kind of myth being spread.

The Go 4 app is demanding.
Run it in a good tablet and it's fine - Apple or Android.
Attempt to run on an inadequate tablet and you will be disappointed - Apple or Android.

702FE411-6C63-47EB-9AAB-C971FECD8F3B.jpeg
Here’s a new profile pic while you’re trolling over here. ;)
Try not to be so argumentative as if you are on Phantom Pilots. Thumbswayup

Reactions: ksmusa
Sorry ... perhaps I should go along with perpetuating myths?
Is that the way things are here?
Nope, the Mods do a great job here. I think you are argumentative just because it is your nature. This Dawg still the same!FCD545C0-3B45-4778-BFD4-DE0C0DC3FA21.jpeg
What “myth” do you wish to correct?

The OP asked about Phones. Again you want to argue. Please look at our forum guidelines, thank you!

Both work fine when set up correctly. There is no functional difference between the android or iOS GO app versions. You can have issues on android that need some fiddling to work through. The reason some will say the iOS is preferable is that it does have less problems, simply because there are less hardware and OS variations. I use apple because I would rather be flying than trying to work through the occasional hiccup.

Come on Dawg and Meta you both know better .
facepalm.gif ya killin me .

The OP asked about Phones. Again you want to argue. Please look at our forum guidelines, thank you!
that I use a tablet is irrelevant.
The principles are the same whether you fly a phone or tablet.
I can't see that the OP asking about a phone is any justification for your aggressive manner.

And while you are on about guidelines, you might pay attention to:
2. Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully. Excessive sarcasm, belligerence, insults, profanity, anger, offensive comments about race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, and national origin, are not acceptable.

14. We take the "be nice" rule VERY seriously! We do not tolerate discourtesy or disrespect.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming