DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO 4 App Hacks

sosmaverick

Reactions
Just recently, I accidentally updated the DJI GO.. meaning I wasn't able to use it with my mavic and had to download the DJI GO 4 App.

The issue is, when using the DJI Go 4 App compared to the previous app.. I'm finding the range of my mavic before signal goes jerky and cuts out to be unbelievably shorter. It's happening at 300m some flights.

Anyone got any hacks, or settings I should be usong to help sort this out? Surely people aren't accepting this. I'm on iOS for the record.

If you have done an itunes sync before you did this upgrade, the older file may still be in iTunes. You would need to remove the new app from the phone then disconnect the networking from the PC and run iTunes. Plug in your phone and restore the App and it should be back to the previous version.

Rob

The issue is, when using the DJI Go 4 App compared to the previous app.. I'm finding the range of my mavic before signal goes jerky and cuts out to be unbelievably shorter. It's happening at 300m some flights.

No problems here with Go 4, been a lot further than that with no hint of an issue.

Which device are you using?

I'm using IOS (iPhone 6 plus).. the cache always says full when I first fly. Just much preferred the stability with older DJO GO app

I'm perplexed at how an app could reduce your range.
Surely that is between the controller and the bird and nothing to do with the App.

Reactions: Rbruz
As am I.. but the only thing I've changed is an updated app. I used to fly 6km and have no issue.. today I flew 400m and the feed starts cutting out. I've never updated the firmware since I bought the drone on December.. never had any faults up until now!

Try flying in airplane mode and see if that helps. Also, I've had both Go 4 and the older Go on phone at same time. So not sure how / why your Go app was removed. It should still be there.

I just got a warranty replaced Mav. Went to test fly and told to upgrade to DJI go 4.0. Tried to install and now it says "Will not work on this device"
I have an iPhone 5c. Worked fine with DJI Go before. All DJI support says is "sorry". Missed a shoot this weekend. Any ideas or workarounds?

DJI Go 4 requires a 64-bit device, your 5C is only 32-bit.

DJI Go had support for the Mavic removed in a recent update, so unless you have backed up your 5c to a computer before the Go update there is no way to get back to an earlier version.

This was expected, Go 4 has been the recommended app for Mavic since it was released, but I can understand that it my come as a surprise to some unfortunately.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tansh