DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go 4 - Has Remote ID section- Please see thread and comment

koopyetz

Reactions
I was navigating through my DJI Go 4 app and found Remote Identification ( see photo attached ).
Will this work for coming requirement or be updated to meet criteria to fly my MP1.
Thank you for your comments

Attachments

• IMG_0246.jpg
    IMG_0246.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 68
It will only help if you're flying the Mavic Pro Platinum with the latest firmware updates. RID support has not been added for the Mavic Pro per this list.

Last edited:
I have a feeling that if the Platinum is good the OG mavic pro is good too. Of course that’s not official but the Mavic Pro and MP Platinum run on the same firmware and nearly identical hardware. The platinum is basically a special edition of the Mavic Pro rather than a different model.

I have a feeling that if the Platinum is good the OG mavic pro is good too. Of course that’s not official but the Mavic Pro and MP Platinum run on the same firmware and nearly identical hardware. The platinum is basically a special edition of the Mavic Pro rather than a different model.
That's what I was thinking. Who knows, it might just happen. This whole RID thing is still not settled. I have a P4P and I don't think DJI will have anything for it. External units are very expensive right now. Price should come down or I will be grounded!

Reactions: Capt KO
Platinum has different ESCs and props.

Haven't looked at the last update but firmware packages before that were the same for both models and included firmware for both ESC variants.

Would need to have a look but it's still most likely the same firmware which would mean that technically both would be compliant, just that DJI have only done the paperwork for the platinum version so regardless of firmware or hardware upgrades an OG MP1 probably still wouldn't be legally compliant because bureaucracy means the wrong word on the sticker is enough not to apply.

There is an update for the Mavic 2 Pro and Zoom.

According to the article, this will give these models of drones Remote ID capabilities.

Reactions: Bookman367
Hello everyone - I'm hoping somebody can shed some light on a remote ID problem I'm having with my Mavic 2 pro. I recently updated all the firmware to the latest versions. Everything went successful - The Mavic 2 is currently on version 01.00.0797, the standard controller is on 01.00.0770. The DJI Go 4 app (android) is version 4.3.60.
When I check the DJI Go app (The "About" category that shows all the firmware levels) it is showing a Remote ID serial number. The aircraft flies fine, and there are no warnings or errors on the display. However I can't detect any type of wi-fi or Bluetooth signal being broadcasted. (This is with the aircraft hovering a short distance away) I tried searching for a signal using a Drone Scanner app, a tablet computer and even a laptop. I also made sure there were no access restrictions in the cell phone being used for the display. Any thoughts to what I am possibly overlooking? The original post #1 was showing an image of two settings in the app called "UUID" and "Identification and Flight Info" being turned to the "On" position. These are currently turned off in my app, and I recently read that this "Aeroscope" feature was no longer being used. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Any thoughts to what I am possibly overlooking?
Your flight logs will also show if RID was active for a particular flight. You can upload and view the contents of TXT flight logs here.

Near the beginning of the flight log, you should see a message stating "Remote ID functionality normal".

Reactions: brett8883
Thank you for the great information. I viewed the contents of the flight logs and also downloaded the detailed CSV file. Unfortunately there was no mention of Remote ID, so it appears it is not being activated even though the ID number is showing in the DJI Go 4 app.
(I was astounded by the amount of flight information generated on the test flight contained in the CSV file!)

I was astounded by the amount of flight information generated on the test flight contained in the CSV file
If you want something a little more polished, check out Flight Reader (my offline DJI flight log viewer).

I was navigating through my DJI Go 4 app and found Remote Identification ( see photo attached ).
Will this work for coming requirement or be updated to meet criteria to fly my MP1.
Thank you for your comments
This is the DJI proprietary RID and UUID (Unique User IDentification). With all the Red-Under-The-Bed paranoia sloshing around the halls of Government in the US, I doubt that accessing Chinese held DJI AEROSCOPE data is acceptable, even though it is accurate and comprehensive AND specifically tied to a specific users personal details, e-mail and phone number.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98