DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go 4 Not Recognizing Authorization

Byrdman

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Hopefully you guys can help: Been flying for several months now and recently passed my 107 exam. I live in SW Jacksonville, FL and I'm fairly close to the Naval Air Station which, of course, requires permission to fly nearby. I logged into Airmap today and had authorization to fly at a club I belong to. I was going to launch the M2Z and get some videos but Mother Nature squashed that plan with some downpours.

I get home and a few hours later and after the rain, decided to launch my Spark since I rarely fly it anymore (I'm still close enough to NAS to need authorization). I connect my phone to the controller (I always use a cable) and connect the two using DJI Go 4. Notice says I Cannot Takeoff. I go to settings, down to Licenses and there is my authorization from earlier. I hit Refresh and it says Successful. Tap to take off and still won't let me fly. I tried what I could think to try and was finally overcome by the heat and mosquitos and gave up. :-(

I fell certain that there is a simple fix to this and I'll probably feel like an idiot when someone explains the solution. But that's what being a newbie is all about and I can't think of a better place to come with a question than this forum.....you guys are awesome. Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge and wisdom.

Clif

Hopefully you guys can help: Been flying for several months now and recently passed my 107 exam. I live in SW Jacksonville, FL and I'm fairly close to the Naval Air Station which, of course, requires permission to fly nearby. I logged into Airmap today and had authorization to fly at a club I belong to. I was going to launch the M2Z and get some videos but Mother Nature squashed that plan with some downpours.

I get home and a few hours later and after the rain, decided to launch my Spark since I rarely fly it anymore (I'm still close enough to NAS to need authorization). I connect my phone to the controller (I always use a cable) and connect the two using DJI Go 4. Notice says I Cannot Takeoff. I go to settings, down to Licenses and there is my authorization from earlier. I hit Refresh and it says Successful. Tap to take off and still won't let me fly. I tried what I could think to try and was finally overcome by the heat and mosquitos and gave up. :-(

I fell certain that there is a simple fix to this and I'll probably feel like an idiot when someone explains the solution. But that's what being a newbie is all about and I can't think of a better place to come with a question than this forum.....you guys are awesome. Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge and wisdom.

Clif
Airmap only gives you FAA permission to fly which has nothing to do with the drone. You still have to get NFZ authorizations through DJI Flysafe if they are normally required.

Reactions: Byrdman
Airmap only gives you FAA permission to fly which has nothing to do with the drone. You still have to get NFZ authorizations through DJI Flysafe if they are normally required.
When are they normally required?
I routinely fly in overlapping NFZs for two commercial airports. I have never had to ask DJI for permission to fly. FYI, I use AirMap for FAA clearance on my iPhone. I Fly with a CS. I have never been prevented from flying my missions.

I always have to have to file an application with DJI to fly in what the controller says is a NFZ and thought everyone else did too. I re-read his post and I thought he was in a NFZ not just NAS. My mistake, but that does bring up another question for me. How are you able to fly in a NFZ without filing an unlock with DJI? I have to do it everytime.

I think part of my problem description was misleading, @dwolfe002. My reference to NAS in the second paragraph referred to the Naval Air Station (not National Air Space). Being a military base, it does require authorization to fly, and I, like you, have to get authorization every time. I have now submitted a request for authorization through DroneZone for an extended period, but I have a feeling that DJI Go 4 will still require applying for permission each time. Thanks. ~Clif

Reactions: dwolfe002
DJI Go 4 doesn't know about your authorizations from the FAA, so you'll always have to check the box there and confirm you are authorized to fly.

Reactions: Byrdman
DJI Go 4 doesn't know about your authorizations from the FAA, so you'll always have to check the box there and confirm you are authorized to fly.

I know that part but @Thomas B said he routinely flys in overlapping NFZ's and doesn't require authorization from DJI and I was wondering how he did it. My M2P will not take off in a NFZ without Flysafe authorization.

I know that part but @Thomas B said he routinely flys in overlapping NFZ's and doesn't require authorization from DJI and I was wondering how he did it. My M2P will not take off in a NFZ without Flysafe authorization.
I just ask AirMap. Simple.
BTW, I have never even tried DJIs approval process because of nonstandard maps of U.S. NFZs.

I must be missing something with Airmap. As per original post, I plan a flight (usually the day before) in Airmap. Next day I go to fly and encounter the DJI Go 4 notice that I cannot take off. Sometimes I get the message to check the 3 boxes and it works - sometimes not. Hope you can shed some light, TB. Thanks.

I must be missing something with Airmap. As per original post, I plan a flight (usually the day before) in Airmap. Next day I go to fly and encounter the DJI Go 4 notice that I cannot take off. Sometimes I get the message to check the 3 boxes and it works - sometimes not. Hope you can shed some light, TB. Thanks.
Wish I could. I suspect it has to do with getting authorization on my iPhone, but flying with my CrystalSky. All software is up to date as of my last flight yesterday evening.

Thanks for the response. Just a thought - I access Airmap on my Android smartphone and plan a flight. When I go to fly, I use my smart controller and log on to DJI Go 4. I'm wondering if I access Airmap with the controller and plan a flight (not using the phone at all) and go straight to Go 4 it might work. Sound feasible? Or am I just grasping at straws? Thanks.

Thanks for the response. Just a thought - I access Airmap on my Android smartphone and plan a flight. When I go to fly, I use my smart controller and log on to DJI Go 4. I'm wondering if I access Airmap with the controller and plan a flight (not using the phone at all) and go straight to Go 4 it might work. Sound feasible? Or am I just grasping at straws? Thanks.
Give it a try. I have noticed with the method described above, and getting AirMap authorization before powering up any DJI equipment l, when I start up my drone the “can’t fly, NFZ” banner flickers on in the top bar for about 1second, just long enough to see, then gives me green “Ready to Fly”.
So maybe try the authorization before powering up anything made by or connected to DJI product.
Of note, on the CS the Go4 app just starts and does not ask for login.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J