DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go 4 on Galaxy S7 Edge

xMIKExSMITHx

Reactions
I know everyone is about to comment that DJI works better, maybe even seamlessly on Apple products, but I was wondering if anyone uses android and has the app consistently close on them mid flight. I know it's an app/phone issue simply because the controlled has never lost signal with my bird, just the app crashes. Phone is brand new too. I have deleted and installed and issue still persists. Ideas besides get an Apple product and not taking a hammer to my phone? [emoji1]

My S7 Edge crashed at least once every outing. This is even after the suggested steps of closing all other apps and putting in Airplane mode and turning on High Performance mode.
I have yet to crash the iPhone 6S+

I use an S7E and have yet to experience a crash, only like 10 flights, mostly short. I use a short usb to micro cable from the bottom of the controller, as it allows me to leave my phone case on, which eliminates the accidental home button presses by the clamps.

?..I have deleted and installed and issue still persists. Ideas ....? [emoji1]
1) Uninstall DJIGo4 again, but this time before you re install it, manually delete all the DJI folders that remain on your S7E, otherwise you will not end up with a clean install. Use the inbuilt My Files app or any file explorer to delete the internal storage>DJI folder. Then install DJIGo4 again.

2) When intending to fly using DJIGo4 do not launch the app by tapping the icon. Instead use hardware association and allow it DJIGo4 to launch as a response to you plugging the USB lead into the remote. My routine is to place phone in RC clamps and only connect phone end of USB. Then turn on RC, Unlock phone screen and set to full bright. Then connect RC end of USB. Follow screen prompts to open DJIGo4.

Using step 2 religiously, I have not had DJIGo4 close uncommanded on my S7E even once. Last time it did so was probably six months and 400 flights back before I started doing this.
I leave wifi on, take phone calls on S7E while flying occasionally. No problems.

My s7 edge almost always crashes after I'm done my flight and go to disconnect my phone. No issues during, though.

Never had any major or even minor problems with my S7 Edge Euro version and latest updates.
(With my Spark and my S7 Edge .... That,s very, very Painful ... So i know the difference but you can find those pains at the SparkPilots forum.)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biggej