DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO 4 ON SMART CONTROLLER

Keithj

Reactions
I have all the newest firmware updated on my mavic 2 pro. I am wondering why my smart controller wont update to yhe newest version of the go 4 app? Supposedly it will alert you if your battery is attached improperly among other things. I found this will only work with the most current version of the go 4 app.

I use the SC.
I did a normal update as per the screen prompts, I did nothing special to get these downloads.
Done today 23rd Sep 2019:

AC: 0510
SC: 0590
Go4: 4.3.24
All batteries updated to match AC: 0510

Seems to me it matches the latest Android versions.

:)

Reactions: fr4nszzz
I use the SC.
I did a normal update as per the screen prompts, I did nothing special to get these downloads.
Done today 23rd Sep 2019:

AC: 0510
SC: 0590
Go4: 4.3.24
All batteries updated to match AC: 0510

Seems to me it matches the latest Android versions.

:)
I never got the prompt yet to update for. I got flysafe data base and the mavic 2 update. Havent checked today yet.

Reactions: fr4nszzz
I went to update, had to log in again. It is AVAILABLE (USA).

BUT CAUTION: There is a warning that this new version does NOT work with the Simulator. If you update you will have to contact DJI and do something!!!

I am going to update. Well, it may have failed@@@@

I don't know what's happening. The prompt popped up again and I again hit OKAY. But there's no sign anything is happening.

I just did a normal "Play store" "My apps & games" "Updates" to get the latest Go4 (.24) on the SC.
I have never downloaded apps from Amazon or any other site, just normal apps from Google Play Store on the SC1569284486923-1485187004.jpg.
Maybe it's because I looked for it on Play Store, rather than waiting for it to prompt me.
Isn't this how everyone around the world are getting their apps for the Smart Controller?
I'm rather confused by all the convoluted methods people are explaining here to get latest updates, but hey.... whatever works eh....

When I visit the Google Playstore, it does not offer an update but OPEN. It says the version is xxx.24 looking at Settings/Apps/DJI, it shows xxx.16. It offered the update prompt but nothing happens.

I have not tried brute forcing it by moving the apk to the SC just yet.

Good luck with it ff22, at least we know it is possible as both myself & raven swe have it updated to the same version.

Reactions: ff22
I'm rather confused by all the convoluted methods people are explaining here to get latest updates, but hey.... whatever works eh....
Well, I am wondering that you could pull the "normal" Android version from the Playstore to the SC.
The DJI Go 4 version for the SC differs from the normal, not exactly how (eg the offline maps, etc.) but it does get its own check and release normally after powering on.

The SC runs Android 7 and which is compared to the latest versions on smartphones outdated.
It's a dedicated device working without Google Play Service but as you did, can be retrieved manually.

I'm running the SC completely vanilla, however I got Litchi through the Amazon app store.

FiShBuRn in his post Update Firmware on Multiple Batteries put a link to the 4.3.24 apk. I downloaded and installed via SD and it seems to have worked fine. Now running version 4.3.24. Updated my batteries, but have not flown with it yet.

I am unable to update my SC and because of that am unable to fly my M2 with it.
Looks like the two folks that have been able to update are not in the US but are in Australia and Sweden.
Has anyone verified that doing the side load (or whatever) give a flyable, safe, app crash free experience?

Thanks to all, updating using the apk was actually easy and appears to work as well as the previous version for me.
Before the upgrade I was, and am still having problems with constant crashes of GO4 but that's for another thread...

People reporting crashes have solved them by clearing the cache.

People reporting crashes have solved them by clearing the cache.
thanks but been there done that, very frustrating.
Just to try to isolate the issue I'm going to try to get time fly today with the regular controller to see if the SC is the problem of if there is another issue.
Update- ****, Getting the Go4 crashes with the regular controller with IPadPor 10.5 as well. "Huston we have a problem..."

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AASHIANAPC