DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji Go 4 sucks, but this doesn't.

No issues with Go 4 on any of the 5 android devices ive tried it on. Then again, i dont use Samsung and dont class Samsung as "android".

In the "About Tablet" in Settings my Galaxy Tab A shows it is Android Version 7.0

In the "About Tablet" in Settings my Galaxy Tab A shows it is Android Version 7.0

It can say whatever they want. The basic facts though are Samsung (and others) massively alter the core android kernel and OS to "customise" it and then add their own bloaty UI layers on top. They alter it to the extent some things simply dont work.
They also rarely if ever bother with security updates and dont bother supplying main OS version updates to customers for more than a few months before abandoning it.

i have to agree GO4 SUCKS...I have no idea what I am doing wrong but every time I fly I have a different issue. Using Android 6 on a Huawei media tablet 7 inch and a 12 PRO tablet also Android.
Every flight session there are different issues. Yesterday the feed was horrible on the 12 PRO. I have everything turned off or disabled, airplane mode , blue tooth, etc and the image was junk. Additionally when I used to C1 button to point gimbal straight down I ended up with @ 1/3 of the previous feed on top , 1/3 of the gimbal down image in the middle, and 1/3 of the original image on the bottom and a ton of pixelation. On the 7 in Hauwei tablet I could not even use it totally locked up. My last flight session was about 4 days ago and all worked pretty good...all i changed between sessions was battery charging.
I also have Litchi. Recently it works like crap....I have lost voice reporting, and the icon number showing the number of satellites connected. The camera shutter takes about a week to react and I can go on but what the hell.....junk is junk

I am really disappointed with this whole DJI thing can't figure it out and tired of chasing a moving target everytime I fire it up.
Love the drone but it is basically a paper weight if it will not perform as advertised.
I am too old for this crap.
mikemoose55

i have to agree GO4 SUCKS...I have no idea what I am doing wrong but every time I fly I have a different issue. Using Android 6 on a Huawei media tablet 7 inch and a 12 PRO tablet also Android.
Every flight session there are different issues...
My Tab A worked well until the day it did not. I did not change anything, but an automatic update changed Go 4. You should try downgrading Go 4 to a version that works for you, then turn off auto updating on your tablet.

It can say whatever they want. The basic facts though are Samsung (and others) massively alter the core android kernel and OS to "customise" it and then add their own bloaty UI layers on top. They alter it to the extent some things simply dont work.
They also rarely if ever bother with security updates and dont bother supplying main OS version updates to customers for more than a few months before abandoning it.

You are probably right - I have not liked this tablet since I bought it because of the 'glitches' that have come up, not only with the DJI Go 4 app but other problems like not being able to fully use the SD card, etc, etc. It's like the instructions they give to do things on this tablet are no good after you read the fourth step - you can't get there from here type screw ups... Thankx for your input...

It's not a Samsung vs other tablet issue. I have several brands of Android tablets, and they all sucked on 4.2.20.

DJI ****** that app up after many users were recommending Samsung and other newer devices. Note 8- bright as a CS in many ways, better than iPhone period. Tab S3 better than an iPad Pro, includes GPS, and other options costing several hundred more on iPP. For months, those devices were fine. No new Samsung or other Android updates since 4.2.16. Go4 changed at that point. It is **** near 500M on it's own. It's a bloated down pos app. Many droners I talked to think the ole apple hand is in on it. You know the company that force updates and adds shii your old phone can't handle making it obsolete.

Devices now that are were no longer working under 4.2.20 DO work on rolled back 4.2.12, 4.2.14, 4.2.16. This is all DJI not the device. DJI forum answer every time "what device are you using?" See this list of recommended devices" Ok so you have a NOTE 4 and 705c on the list of devices and those are before the Mavic Pro was ever sold. lol Really DJI?

It's NOT the devices. I cannot wait until they trash the iOS version and that group gets to do it's share of being pissed off. They've done it before, they can do it again.

Reactions: DeeCee

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potenthockey0