DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji Go 4 sucks, but this doesn't.

Seth P

Reactions
I have an Android device and like a lot of other people, with the June firmware update djo go 4 now has extremely low video and lots of lag. Now if you want to have quality flight time you have three options. Buy an iOS device, ir use a different software, I would choose the latter. Now if you try a different software, you could buy litchi for 30 dollars, or you could get AIRNAP, which not only allows you to fly your drone, but also provides a live airspace map, and automatic wavers and authorization.

You could also downgrade Go 4 to the version that worked before. Then lock down your device so it will not change again unless you instigate it.

You could also downgrade Go 4 to the version that worked before. Then lock down your device so it will not change again unless you instigate it.
I have tried to do that but seems like nothing works. On my Samsung Tab A, I've uninstalled the Go 4 app but I can't find a downloadable copy of 4.2.16 update to install... Well I did find one (APK Mirror) but after downloading my tablet will not "run" it. I have spent hours on this "glitch" (that is putting it nicely) & have not been able to fly my MP safely - getting really peeved (putting it nicely again) & tired of wasting my time...

Last edited:
Reactions: Pdxpaul
I use version 4.1.15 on my Tab A.

I appreciate your help but I am at a loss for getting the older updates to run. And yes, I have gone to the 'Security' option & turned off "Play Store Only Apps" (or something like that) but it still doesn't run...

Reactions: Busav8or
Reactions: dewster
FWIW, on my Samsung S7 edge I can sideload APKs using the Samsung "My Files" app that comes with the device. Samsung tablets may have a similar app.

Have you followed all the steps as indicated here?: how-sideload-apps-using-apk-files-android-devices

I have gone down those steps but when I get to running the DJI Go 4...apkpure.com.xapk nothing happens. Some how I don't think that is the correct download...?

Ok! I managed to finally download 4.2.16 on an APK site & installed it - don't ask how I did it, it was all hit or miss, especially the part where all the warnings tell you not to do this. Since installing the older version my MP flies like a champ again & there is no lag or pixelation on my Galaxy Tab A.

Last edited:
FWIW, on my Samsung S7 edge I can sideload APKs using the Samsung "My Files" app that comes with the device. Samsung tablets may have a similar app.
Thankx - still fiddling with this...

Newbie flying with Mavic Air, and Nexus-5 /Android 6. I got updated to Go 4 v.4.2.20 with the "isn't responding..." message problem. Tried to go back to Go-4 v....16 and had troubles.
Would like confirmation that using Airmap app on Android 6 for the Mavic Air will be OK. Any special hints ?

I have an Android device and like a lot of other people, with the June firmware update djo go 4 now has extremely low video and lots of lag. Now if you want to have quality flight time you have three options. Buy an iOS device, ir use a different software, I would choose the latter. Now if you try a different software, you could buy litchi for 30 dollars, or you could get AIRNAP, which not only allows you to fly your drone, but also provides a live airspace map, and automatic wavers and authorization.
I use an iPad and litchi. I love the litchi app

Reactions: Hauptmann
If you're still experiencing issues with that .apk, let me know and I could provide a copy of mine via dropbox. The file is too large to upload here.

Edit: Or maybe there's a link somewhere here on the forum...

A brief search later: DJI GO 4-For drones since P4 APKs - APKMirror

Ok! I managed to finally download 4.2.16 on an APK site & installed it - don't ask how I did it, it was all hit or miss, especially the part where all the warnings tell you not to do this. Since installing the older version my MP flies like a champ again & there is no lag or pixelation on my Galaxy Tab A. Thankx!

Ok! I managed to finally download 4.2.16 ... my MP flies like a champ again & there is no lag or pixelation on my Galaxy Tab A. Thankx!
Yea! It is good to hear of another version that works with the Tab A. Now turn off auto updating so it does not happen again.

No issues with Go 4 on any of the 5 android devices ive tried it on. Then again, i dont use Samsung and dont class Samsung as "android".

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato