DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO 4 unlock the height from 60 meters to 180 meters but Litchi can not go up to WP2 as 180 meters.

TaiTony

Reactions
I have unlock the max. attitude from 60 meters to 180 meters. Show as GO 4 display and can fly reach 180 meters high. But when I run this mssion with Litchi, WP1 is 30 meters and WP 2 is 180 meters high, but my Mavic Air just stop to fly higher than 60 meters.
86272434_828895904201925_7987008100894769152_n.jpg

86228049_2460234940894367_2511055417040175104_n (1).jpg
With Go 4 I have no problem to reach the up limit as 180 meters, and use Litchi just can go to 60 meters.

Any help can offer ?

I attached screenshot of DJI GO 4 to approve the unlock height as 180 meters and other is Litchi Waypoint mission. WP1 set as 30 meters and WP2 is 180 meters but Litchi never let MA reach WP2. I just stop at 60 meters between WP1 and WP2.

I also attached the AIR DATA shaing as Litchi let MA stuck in 60 meters.

I just get the response from Litchi messenger. Litchi say: "Normally if you unlock in DJI Go, then you should be able to use Litchi too. Try to fly above 60m with DJI Go, then switch app ".
Unlock data is uploaded to aircraft with GO 4 App. Why Litchi can not recognize this data ?

Have you checked what Maximum Altitude is set in the Litchi Settings?
I always set maximum as 500 meters for both GO 4 and Litch. I even use Litchi FPV and still can not go up over 60 meters.

See the screenshot of messeges with Litchi support.
註解 2020-02-10 202836.png

Last edited:
Litchi said:
“ Normally if you unlock in DJI Go, then you should be able to use Litchi too. Try to fly above 60m with DJI Go, then switch app ".

I fly using a CrystalSky monitor and have found that merely switching between Go4 and Litchi while in flight causes problems with either app. I suspect when switching some of the app I’m switching from remains and causes issues with the app I’m switching to. A reboot between apps solves the problem but requires flying with just the RC while the CS reboots.

Reactions: RodPad
Just to clarify the problem here, since it seems to be leading to some confusion, the OP is flying in an altitude-restricted (60 m) zone associated with Taichung Airport, and has a DJI unlock code to go higher that Litchi doesn't know about.

View attachment 93587
Because Airport is higher than downtown, so can apply for unlock to go up to 180 meters. I fly with DJI Fly with Mini and DJI Go 4 with AIR is fine to top of 180 meters.

But I use Litchi to run WP mission and it is stuck at 60 meters. Litchi support ask me to fly with DJI Go 4 over 60 meters and than switch to Litchi.

But last month, I have no problem to use Litchi to run mission at same zone to 120 meters.

Because Airport is higher than downtown, so can apply for unlock to go up to 180 meters. I fly with DJI Fly with Mini and DJI Go 4 with AIR is fine to top of 180 meters.

But I use Litchi to run WP mission and it is stuck at 60 meters. Litchi support ask me to fly with DJI Go 4 over 60 meters and than switch to Litchi.

But last month, I have no problem to use Litchi to run mission at same zone to 120 meters.

Right - that doesn't sound like a robust solution.

Right - that doesn't sound like a robust solution.
I think the issue has been solved. I use GO 4 to fly MA up to 149 meters to confirm the unlock and landing. Switch to Litchi and run a simple test mission from WP1(30 meters) to WP2 (137 meters) and RTH, now Litchi is working to over the 60 meters. Test mission that can over 60 meters.

Today I finally use Litchi to complete this city fly mission at 180 meters high. The solution from DJI support instead of Litchi support. DJI engineer told me that it need at least 10 GPS before flight and get the altitude unlock.

Fly high over Taichung city, Taiwan.

Just to clarify the problem here, since it seems to be leading to some confusion, the OP is flying in an altitude-restricted (60 m) zone associated with Taichung Airport, and has a DJI unlock code to go higher that Litchi doesn't know about.

View attachment 93587
Problem solved. The key issue is the count of GPS must over 10 before takeoff. DJI engineer told me and that unlock will be effective.

Problem solved. The key issue is the count of GPS must over 10 before takeoff. DJI engineer told me and that unlock will be effective.
Good to know! Thumbswayup
Only 8 satellites are required for a green status bar, and a home point lock!

Last edited:
Just replace a new MAVIC AIR from DJI and same problem appear. But find the hand tape waypoints on App instead of download from Mission Hub than MA can fly over 60 M and reach my setting of 150 M. It is so funny, you use the download data and transmit to drone and it is still forget the unlock but you just tape waypoints on App, it is OK to fly over maximum 180 M, I do not know why ?

View attachment 93587
Dear Sar104, please help to oversee these two flight data. use data download from Mission Hub and MA can not fly over 60 M. and use tape waypoints on App and MA can fly up to 150 M as I set.

BTW: in same park.

That's not a direct comparison - the altitude-limited flight was flown with a different version of Litchi on a different platform. The iOS version worked as expected, while the Android version did not, so it's not clear that the problem was due to using a mission created on the Litchi Mission Hub rather than created on the mobile device.

Reactions: Thomas B
That's not a direct comparison - the altitude-limited flight was flown with a different version of Litchi on a different platform. The iOS version worked as expected, while the Android version did not, so it's not clear that the problem was due to using a mission created on the Litchi Mission Hub rather than created on the mobile device.
For either Android or iOS, any mission I plan with mobile phone, my MA can fly over 60 M as I applied for unlock. but the mission I planed with Mission Hub with laptop and download to mobile phone (either iOS or Android) MA just hang on 60 M.

For either Android or iOS, any mission I plan with mobile phone, my MA can fly over 60 M as I applied for unlock. but the mission I planed with Mission Hub with laptop and download to mobile phone (either iOS or Android) MA just hang on 60 M.

Okay - so the platform doesn't make any difference. Unfortunately the logs don't indicate why the unlock doesn't work - that would require a DAT file but Litchi doesn't create DAT files. It sounds like it has to be a bug in the Litchi app, based on those behaviors.

I just want to check whether this discussion helps in any way:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FollyRJ