DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go 4 v4.0.7 for Android?

taztwr

Reactions
So last night I posted a question about video caching to device. I inadvertently put v4.0.7 as the DJI Go 4 version I was using. I corrected the post about 10 minutes ago after checking the recent version on DJI.com. I closed the app and got a popup that V4.0.7 was ready for download? Looking at google play there is no update available.

If been an android user from day one and do not ever remember an app updating, or wanting to update, without going through the play store. Anyone have any idea what's going on?

622e819a395b8a5cbf39a0be59c54db3.jpg

Well for iOS it is to support the phantom advance as stated here in iOS pict update.

OK. I just have never seen an app update this way on Android.

yeah same here fro android, seeems weird to go around the play store. but i downloaded v4.0.6 using this method too. seems ok. v4.0.7 seems to be working too. i think its just for phantom 4 support

Significantly reduced memory usage with 4.0.7 on Nougat (OP3). Only dry-tested..

Maybe they fixed a memoryleak occuring with previous Versions in combination with Nougat?

Significantly reduced memory usage with 4.0.7 on Nougat (OP3). Only dry-tested..

Maybe they fixed a memoryleak occuring with previous Versions in combination with Nougat?

I like that the storage got bigger with Nougat. I'm on a Note 5 which doesn't have a microsd, which totally sucks, but sacrificed that for a newer Note. I keep all my pics on the cloud anyway.

I like that the storage got bigger with Nougat. I'm on a Note 5 which doesn't have a microsd, which totally sucks, but sacrificed that for a newer Note. I keep all my pics on the cloud anyway.
I've been trying to find out if it is safe to upgrade my Note 5 to Nougat or not. You're the first I've seen mention it. Working okay?

I've been trying to find out if it is safe to upgrade my Note 5 to Nougat or not. You're the first I've seen mention it. Working okay?

Honestly, I just upgraded it 2 days ago after prolonging it for about 2 weeks and I have not yet taken a flight. I upgraded to .600 and after a handful of flights I did experience a gimbal issue but that was a firmware thing. I'm going to try and get a flight in today or at least by this weekend to test out if Nougat plays will with GO4. There was another thread where a person was having an issue but when he uninstalled GO4 and reinstalled it after the Nougat upgrade, it sounded like everything was fine. I'll post my findings after I fly though.

Reactions: kb6ooc
I would still wait upgrading to Nougat until a reasonable amount of people can confirm the dropout issue of go4/Nougat have been fixed. I just made a dry run and monitored the memory usage and App didn't freeze for some 30 minutes of dry testing. (RC on, Mavic on, idling - previously even idling it dropped out)

Reactions: kb6ooc
I did not notice any changes in the app, not even in stability. Use in an android and the device heats up a lot and eventually freezes

Just because the App Update doesn't have list of additions, doesn't mean you won't see changes. There should be some changes now based on the last Firmware Update.

I did not notice any changes in the app, not even in stability. Use in an android and the device heats up a lot and eventually freezes

This means your device is struggling with processes. You will want to make sure nothing is running in the background. Try to eliminate as much as you can. Another option would be to upgrade the device being used to host the DJI GO4 app.

This means your device is struggling with processes. You will want to make sure nothing is running in the background. Try to eliminate as much as you can. Another option would be to upgrade the device being used to host the DJI GO4 app.
I created a new user and it only runs the application, nothing more.

I would still wait upgrading to Nougat until a reasonable amount of people can confirm the dropout issue of go4/Nougat have been fixed. I just made a dry run and monitored the memory usage and App didn't freeze for some 30 minutes of dry testing. (RC on, Mavic on, idling - previously even idling it dropped out)

Android 7 is a completely new system altogether. I got word from the Dji GO4 app beta admin that the app was designed based on Android 5.5. So...unless Dji comes out with redesigned software to replace the GO4 app, there will be some ongoing issues to be expected.

Android 7 is a completely new system altogether. I got word from the Dji GO4 app beta admin that the app was designed based on Android 5.5. So...unless Dji comes out with redesigned software to replace the GO4 app, there will be some ongoing issues to be expected.

They just need to fix the Memory leak. Nothing less, nothing else.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rsantangelo