DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go 4

Boog0822

Reactions
If I download the DJI Go 4 app, does it replace the regular DJI Go app I currently have or is it a completely separate app? I've been reading such bad stuff about the DJI Go 4.

Sent from my SM-N920P using MavicPilots mobile app

It's a different app, so both DJI GO and DJI GO 4 would be installed at that point.

If I download the DJI Go 4 app, does it replace the regular DJI Go app I currently have or is it a completely separate app? I've been reading such bad stuff about the DJI Go 4.

Sent from my SM-N920P using MavicPilots mobile app

Unless you have a good reason for having both i would remove the GO app and just use GO 4

For what it's worth(not much) I've been using GO4 on a 5S with no problems whatsoever. Maybe 10 flights so far, and I find it very stable.
I guess the android guys might have a different opinion...

Go4 is working fine with my older Galaxy S4. Never crashes.

My phone is a Samsung S6 which had the original Go app. Since buying the Mavic and installing the Go4 app as well I had a conflict and the Go4 app would not connect to the Mavic. Solved it by uninstalling the original Go app. Now I have no problem whatsoever with Go4, nor do I on my Samsung S2 tablet.

When the app crashed during flight does the drone just hover til you reconnect or does is RTH?

The drone just sits there, and the RC works fine....it's just the app that loses connection. I didn't bother trying to reconnect the app each time....I just flew the bird home on one occasion, and the other time I just activated the RTH on the RC. The next time it happens I'll try to exit the app and launch it again to see what happens.

You might try pulling the cable out and reconnecting before restarting the app though that should work too.
Not had any problems with go4 on Samsung S5

Ah, good tip....thanks!

For me it is not so much stability, yes, I have heard of it crashing but as mentioned as long as RC is good you still have control and app issues could be related to specific devices. My main reason for sticking with the older Go app is; it has Art setting for camera which I like to use (I know there is a hack to get it back in Go4 if you have Litchi but lets face it, if you paid for that why would you use Go?), I was using it before the Go4 app was released and no reason to change, and I have seen several people complain about changes they are making so I figure I will let them refine it before I make the switch.

The next time it happens I'll try to exit the app and launch it again to see what happens.

I used the GO app today and it crashed on me a couple times. I just restarted the app both times and everything went back to normal.

No problems with DJIGO 4 on my ipad mini 2 or my Nvidia Shield. Wonder why people think its unreliable?

I think I can explain it to you. Some people with different hardware than you, and possibly different versions of Android than you, think the app is unreliable because the app keeps disconnecting or crashing during use.

Last edited:
Reactions: halley
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michalis