DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go! App - no compass calibration?

looopson

Reactions
For the past six months, I'd been running an old version of DJI Go. I finally fessed up and downloaded the latest version from the Google Playstore. This is version 4.1.18. I thought maybe they got some of the bugs out by now.

After running it one time, I am even more disappointed than I was with the old version I had. Now with this updated version, the menus lag (I am using a Galaxy S7) where the old version didn't. I always close all of my apps and run it in airplane mode.

The big problem and I don't know if I'm just missing something: How do I calibrate the compass?

I used to always do this through the Aircraft Status page. It also provided me a bar showing the "health level" of the compass and whether it was in the green zone. I also had the option to calibrate the IMU. Now it just reads everything is "Normal" with no options to calibrate anything.

Did they move these settings? I can't believe they wouldn't let you calibrate the compass by yourself anymore?

I'm still running firmware version 4! I guess I'm not touching that!

For the past six months, I'd been running an old version of DJI Go. I finally fessed up and downloaded the latest version from the Google Playstore. This is version 4.1.18. I thought maybe they got some of the bugs out by now.

After running it one time, I am even more disappointed than I was with the old version I had. Now with this updated version, the menus lag (I am using a Galaxy S7) where the old version didn't. I always close all of my apps and run it in airplane mode.

The big problem and I don't know if I'm just missing something: How do I calibrate the compass?

I used to always do this through the Aircraft Status page. It also provided me a bar showing the "health level" of the compass and whether it was in the green zone. I also had the option to calibrate the IMU. Now it just reads everything is "Normal" with no options to calibrate anything.

Did they move these settings? I can't believe they wouldn't let you calibrate the compass by yourself anymore?

Touch the drone symbol at the top of the Go4 screen, touch Avanced Settings, touch Sensor State, touch Compass, touch Calibrate Compass.

Reactions: looopson

What FW is on the aircraft now? Are you updating only the app? you did say 6 months.

What FW is on the aircraft now? Are you updating only the app? you did say 6 months.

I am currently using firmware version v01.03.0400. I've been stuck on it since May when I upgraded to v01.03.0600 but it was giving me a NFZ error when I booted it up and it wouldn't let me fly. That's when I downgraded....

I see that they have released a ton of updated firmware versions since. Do you think I'm safe to upgrade since I just did that with the Go app? Seemed like a lot of folks had concerns with v01.03.0900 months back so I just decided to stick with what I had.

DJI-GO-Calibrate-Compass.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rejdmast