DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go app non stop crashing... Litchi voids Warranty!?

SaturnsVoid

Reactions
So i got my MA, Love it, but the DJI Go app is junk, i can't even start it half the time. It will just instantly stop working... So i have no other choice but to look for another app i can use, I found Latchi and saw that is $25 for Android, i downloaded a version to try and see if it would have the same issue and it seems to work fine... They only thing keeping me from buying it is that i keep hearing that DJI will not honor the Warranty if i use it... Is there anyway i can get the DJI app to work right or will i have to forgo my warranty so i can fly it....

My Phone:
Xiaomi Mi Mix
Android 8.1

So i got my MA, Love it, but the DJI Go app is junk, i can't even start it half the time. It will just instantly stop working... So i have no other choice but to look for another app i can use, I found Latchi and saw that is $25 for Android, i downloaded a version to try and see if it would have the same issue and it seems to work fine... They only thing keeping me from buying it is that i keep hearing that DJI will not honor the Warranty if i use it... Is there anyway i can get the DJI app to work right or will i have to forgo my warranty so i can fly it....

My Phone:
Xiaomi Mi Mix
Android 8.1

I understand it as, if you have a crash and you think or know you were not the fault and you were not using a DJI app time of crash there is no warranty.
FWIW

Yes, try another mobile device.

DJI Mavic Air Accessories & Tips - Mavic Help "Mobile Device Fixes"
Best Tablets and Phones for DJI GO (Updated Daily) - Phantom Help

Rod

Funny, hundreds & hundreds of us find the DJI Go app works great. Go figure.

No need to be toxic.

No reason to call the app "junk" just because it doesn't work with your phone. Why didn't you call your phone "junk". There are tens of thousands using the app worldwide with out issue.

USING LITCHI DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY VOID YOUR WARRANTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If the Litchi app causes you to crash, then yes you would have no warranty. If it crashes and it is because of a defective part then the warranty is still good. If you crash and you can not get the drone then the warranty is no good only because it does not record the same type flight record IN THE APP as DJI GO does. If you can send in the drone then they can read the onboard records and all it well.

If you crash because you did something stupid then there is no warranty coverage in either case.

No need to be toxic.
Don’t see any toxicity in his comment. Using an android device with a DJI product is known to be somewhat questionable. The comment you viewed as toxic is 100% correct. The other comments about using a different device is a direction you may want to investigate. Hope it works out for you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143