DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO or DJI GO 4 App for the Mavic?

actruck

Reactions
I’m currently using the DJI GO App with an IPad Mini 2 and Phantom 3 Pro. I’ve been using this setup for a few months now. I bought a Mavic a few weeks ago and just now getting around to setting it up. I activated it this afternoon using the DJI GO app and purchased the DJI Care Refresh at the same time. Everything seemed to go smoothly. I flew 3 full batteries without incident.

While researching something else a few minutes ago, I came across a post on the DJI forum regarding the apps. It appears as though I should be using the DJI GO 4 app for the Mavic and DJI GO for the Phantom 3. It mentions the Phantom 4 should be activated using the DJI GO 4 app. I didn’t see any mention on the Mavic needing to be activated on one or the other.

I plan to continue flying both aircraft so do I need to install the GO 4 or can I stay with the GO app for both?

Thanks

DJI GO still currently works with the Mavic. However, you should use DJI GO 4 if you want to take advantage of all possible features. There really is no advantage to using DJI GO unless DJI GO 4 does not run well on your mobile device for some reason.

Reactions: actruck
Thanks everyone. If I recall, I did the firmware update as well as the activation. I see on some of the FB Mavic pages, installing the new firmware is a mistake.

If I install the DJI Assistant on my PC, can I go back to the previous firmware or is this something that cant be un-done?

I'll check this evening when I get home to be sure.

Reactions: actruck
I installed new firmware with DJI GO app for my Mavic and now have issues all over the place. I've lost ability to connect to my Mavic from RC after many trials. My DJI assistant doesn't recognize the RC for updates. I'm patiently waiting in queue with their help desk. Sucks. Wish i would have known to start with correct software version - DJI go 4

I installed new firmware with DJI GO app for my Mavic and now have issues all over the place. I've lost ability to connect to my Mavic from RC after many trials. My DJI assistant doesn't recognize the RC for updates. I'm patiently waiting in queue with their help desk. Sucks. Wish i would have known to start with correct software version - DJI go 4

I just connected to the aircraft then the RC using the DJI Assistant 2 app and had no issues. I didn't connect both at the same time though.

The firmware version on both is shown as V01.03.0400.

I started with the DJI GO app and had no activation issues.

Hopefully you can get yours up and running correctly. There's a bunch of knowledgeable folk on this forum. I'm sure someone will be able to help you. They have been almost "Instant" with answers to my questions.

Reactions: rac6300

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Baima