DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GO4 4.1.0 (android)

Note that DJI have posted an update last night for Android - again one of those stupid ones where they don't change the version number.

Reactions: Blades
The relations between DJI and Apple are not that tight as assumed here,
I think it's you that's assuming.

I envision that the relationship is "tight" enough that iOS gets a favored status in terms of software development and support.

The actual results seem to support that POV. Strongly.

Do you have a reference for that? DJI is a privately owned company.
Nothing solid, just heresay here and on the DJI forum. Comes up a lot, and I've never seen it countered.

That's weak tea, so you won't see me vigorously arguing any collusion between Apple and DJI.

Nothing solid, just heresay here and on the DJI forum. Comes up a lot, and I've never seen it countered.

That's weak tea, so you won't see me vigorously arguing any collusion between Apple and DJI.

It is certainly an interesting collaboration and there have been plenty of rumors about Apple potentially buying DJI but, knowing a little of DJI's corporate culture, I can't see them selling.

I will make another post if needed but I believe I have found the main problem with the Android App. I have discovered that if I use the bottom USB port on the RC and the factory Samsung charge cable plugged into my S7 edge, running Android N, and DJI firmware 700 my disconnect issues are solved. Whatever DJI changed from 400 to 700 firmware made in the code, has made the small micro side USB port on the RC useless with Android. I have tried a new cable in the micro side port of the RC and it made no change.

We expel a lot of hot, moist air jabbering about the issue. The bottom line is DJI simply isn't will to invest the necessary resources to do even the most minimal, decent job implementing an Android app.

I'm not going to say much and contribute to the humidity in the room. I'll just say this: This has nothing to do with Android. There's nothing tricky about the GO4 and what it's trying to do on Android.

Bazillions of other developers seems quite capable of making complex applications work reliably, efficiently (think battery / power consumption), etc. And these apps run without issue across a broad range of devices, OS versions, and hardware configurations.

This is because these apps were written from the ground up to run on Android. They make good use of the Android run-time model; they follow guidelines for managing different resolutions; I could go on and on.

I've developed for both Android and iOS. GO4 has every indication that primary development takes place on iOS, and then a short-staffed (probably one guy, actually) team ports it to Android.

I hate iOS. I am an Apple antifanboy. I'm getting an iPad 4 mini just as soon as I can afford it.
I agree with you about DJI's primary development takes place on iOS
Have you tried to downgrade to Android version 6.0.1 the all GO4 app up to 4.10 run solid on it , I use a dedicated K1 Shield
and have not had a problem since, it's going to be 6 months now ......... Save your $$$$$$$
FlySafe-FlyFree

I will make another post if needed but I believe I have found the main problem with the Android App. I have discovered that if I use the bottom USB port on the RC and the factory Samsung charge cable plugged into my S7 edge, running Android N, and DJI firmware 700 my disconnect issues are solved. Whatever DJI changed from 400 to 700 firmware made in the code, has made the small micro side USB port on the RC useless with Android. I have tried a new cable in the micro side port of the RC and it made no change.
Are you using the slider for the phone connector? This slider implies strong force if the phone is not matching precisely to the holding arm, which will be mostly the case. And this force may lead to connection problems. Therefore you should remove the slider and insert the plug to your phone manually instead.
Maybe that's the reason for your experience.

Reactions: Kilrah
I've a device listed as "supported", I've Android 6, but 4.1.0 gave me serious problems.
DJI has the right to favour iOS over android devices, the market will prize or punish, but if android is given as "supported", then, the distributed Apps, must be widely and deeply tested, before release.
No one phroibits DJI to release tents of releases, if they mark them as "beta"... and it could be a solution, if the DJI android crew is limited in "forces".
Someone "android" says never has/had problems, but forums and average score of GO4 app on play store, say a totally different story
In such a scenario, the "fly safe motto", sounds as a joke.

I agree with you about DJI's primary development takes place on iOS
Have you tried to downgrade to Android version 6.0.1 the all GO4 app up to 4.10 run solid on it , I use a dedicated K1 Shield
and have not had a problem since, it's going to be 6 months now ......... Save your $$$$$$$
FlySafe-FlyFree

I've a device listed as "supported", I've Android 6, but 4.1.0 gave me serious problems.
DJI has the right to favour iOS over android devices, the market will prize or punish, but if android is given as "supported", then, the distributed Apps, must be widely and deeply tested, before release.
No one phroibits DJI to release tents of releases, if they mark them as "beta"... and it could be a solution, if the DJI android crew is limited in "forces".
Someone "android" says never has/had problems, but forums and average score of GO4 app on play store, say a totally different story
In such a scenario, the "fly safe motto", sounds as a joke.
It's not my fault that version 4.10 was giving you problems ..... We all know that the software can be a pain in the a@@ with different devices ...... I stated what my device was and it's not a recommended one by DJI ....... I simply stated I downgraded my Shield to version 6.0.1 Android , you didn't state your device but it don't matter because more then likely it is a known recommended device by DJI ...honestly I could care less about the play store ratings they are just a reflection of DJI's failure to support Android ......I have found what works for me and it also helped many others so I'm passing it along , What have you tried other then sit on your *** and wait to be handed a solution
and come onto forums and call people jokes ???? Go look in a mirror who's the joker with problems ..... So just keep on updating and hope
that it will be a solution for you
I'll say it again I never had a problem after and continue to be problem Free since I downgraded to Android 6.0.1
If you look in other forums people are saying now Android 7 is working for them yet it doesn't work for me ... You think I should go call them a Joke ???? Stop being a Fool !!!
I Do FlySafe and FlyFree

Happy it does work for you, but unless you're the individual who developes the dji go4 app for android, you look over reacting to a statement based on facts.
How to fly safe, using an app that is not proof tested, it's a joke, expecially when the command device (with mavic) can be the phone/tablet itself.

It's not my fault that version 4.10 was giving you problems .....

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kotszamana