DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go4 / IOS & viewing photos

PavleAU

Reactions
Hey,

Sometime ago after an update to the Go4 app, the ability to view images from within the app was lost for me. I can see all photos that have been taken in the grid view, just can’t view single images after I select one.

Aircraft is Mavic Air and is update to latest firmware.

I’m using IOS 12.1.4 (latest) on an iPhone XS Max, but it was happening with other phones as well.

I’ve cleared cache, formatted internal and external memory multiple times, have ample space on my phone but nothing has been successful.

Normal operation and saving of images from SD card to a computer work fine.

Secondary issue is when I use an SD card reader for iPhone, it doesn’t register any cards that have been formatted in my Air. If I format using another device (eg. GoPro, lumix camera) it picks it up and I can import photos.

Appreciate any advice to resolve these issues

Last edited:
iPhone XS and latest version of Go4 App 4.3.12
Works as it always did for me. Tap on a pictures thumbnail opens the picture itself
bd4057ad158dd536d800991eefb615a0.jpg

Lightning smartcard adapter: I can‘t try by myself. Maybe an issue because your drone stores only in .dng (Raw) Format? It should read .jpg and .mp4.

Thanks for the feedback. Definitely doesn’t work for me, I just get a white screen.

Regarding the SD card, it doesn’t recognise the card at all so it’s unrelated to file type. I shoot raw in my other cameras and IOS can recognise raw now - I use Lightroom mobile and edit raw regularly.

My current work around for the air photos is when I’m at a pc, I upload to cloud then download raw to phone.

Only want to see the low res file, if I press download, then that will work. Everything worked fine for the first 6 months or so.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_