DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI go4 shut down in dolly zoom

dgrobe2112

Reactions
I was using a samsung galaxy tab A, and the dolly zoom function doesnt work on that tablet. the drone keeps going away, and the app shuts down. have to use return to home on the controller to get it back.. fyi..

Last edited:
Shutdowns aren’t a lot of fun, but I’ve gotten used to them.
I just let go of the sticks and reboot.

i reboot the app.. and it reconnects with the drone.. i was just sharing.. and looks like if i want dolly zoom, i gotta use my phone.. no crashes yet on that..

If it’s a Mavic 2 on go4 it is very common to be over running the processor and causing shut downs. It streams 1080P and in 10 bit color. Just too much for most Tabs! I had to upgrade to a iPad mini 5 to run my Mavic 2 Pro. Processor overload in mini 5.

Reactions: dgrobe2112
Same with the Smart Controller. I complained to DJI & after a little too & fro they replaced it.......But no difference, the Go4 still shuts down quite unexpectedly. As others say, u get used to it and the Mavic doesn’t need the App to fly, the RC still functions as if the App were operating.

Thanks for the input..I know my pixel 3 works. Wondering if the tab S4 or something like that might work.

I had the same issue, had been using my Mavic Air with a Galaxy Tab S3 without issues, soon as I bought a Mavic 2 Zoom then Go4 would randomly just exit the app, very annoying, fine with the MA but not with the M2Z, oddly a friend also has a M2Z but an older Galaxy Tab S2 and that operates just fine, crazy really as the S3 is more powerful. I've since started using an Ipad we have in the house and that's been flawless.

everything i have is android.. phone.. car radio.. smart clocks.. watches.. TV.. lol.. this would be a one off piece just for my drone..

If it’s a Mavic 2 on go4 it is very common to be over running the processor and causing shut downs. It streams 1080P and in 10 bit color. Just too much for most Tabs! I had to upgrade to a iPad mini 5 to run my Mavic 2 Pro. Processor overload in mini 5.
No, the app does not stream from the AC at full rate in real time. If it were, you'd be getting the results from the mobile storage, not the AC storage. Now you can set your FPV at the HD rate, but that's not the default.
Now the app does control the AC to take the necessary shots for some effects, such as triggering repeated stills for slow motion, but it's still assembled on the AC.

What model should I get. Is there a special way to get files from an apple device.. vs just plugging it into a computer
most of the new iPhones and iPads will be just fine.i have the iPad mini 2019 and never looked back.as for getting data from the devices at the moment they need to be connected to computer
until iOS 13....good luck

Same with the Smart Controller. I complained to DJI & after a little too & fro they replaced it.......But no difference, the Go4 still shuts down quite unexpectedly. As others say, u get used to it and the Mavic doesn’t need the App to fly, the RC still functions as if the App were operating.
I had that problem too with the SC after about 50 no problem flights. DJI Go 4 would shut down every minute or two. I resized the video cache to 2Mb, and cleared the video cache, and I'm back to no problems. Give it a try.

I don't know if the dolly zoom is particularly taxing on the viewing device, and I've never tried dolly zoom, but after 2 years of flying drones, I've never had the app crash on any of the samsung devices I've used including the S9, Tab A, and now the Tab S5e. I did have bad video lag and stuttering on the Tab A, which is why I returned it and bought the S5e, which is fantastic to fly with.

What model should I get. Is there a special way to get files from an apple device.. vs just plugging it into a computer
U can actually download the full 4k files on ios devices..i do this on my ipad then edit with lumafusion (ios app) incredible. But If u just want to move file on to comp, just download onto ipad then use google drive! Or alternatively get a little usb drive, and put drone sd in drive then insert into ipad usbc port

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078