DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Go4 Shutdown mid flight?

Hiwayman

Reactions
Guys
Today, during a poi flight after about 30 seconds the Go4 app suddenly disconnected. I brought the bird back to close to home by using rth but wondering why it should suddenly disconnect?...any ideas?

Are you using the short DJI supplied cable that goes from the side port on the controller to your mobile phone/tablet?? There have been lots of cases where issues with these cables cause disconnects - and that can be overcome by taking that cable off the controller completely, and using a USB cable from the large USB-A port in the base of the controller, to whatever USB 'B' type connector your mobile device takes. Note that you need to remove the cable connection to the side port completely, for the controller to use the underside port to connect to Go4.

Are you using the short DJI supplied cable that goes from the side port on the controller to your mobile phone/tablet?? There have been lots of cases where issues with these cables cause disconnects - and that can be overcome by taking that cable off the controller completely, and using a USB cable from the large USB-A port in the base of the controller, to whatever USB 'B' type connector your mobile device takes. Note that you need to remove the cable connection to the side port completely, for the controller to use the underside port to connect to Go4.
Thanks for the reply, but no, I'm using the bottom usb and an 8 inch cable into phone. No other cables connected.

Reactions: FoxhallGH
during a poi flight after about 30 seconds the Go4 app suddenly disconnected
What did you see in DJI GO when it disconnected? What did you have to do in order to get it to reconnect?

What did you see in DJI GO when it disconnected? What did you have to do in order to get it to reconnect?
It just returned to the opening screen
It just returned to the opening screen on the app. Because the bird was circling on a poi flight I wanted to stop it so returned to home.
After that it reconnected as normal.
I had already flown one battery when it happened mid way into second battery.
It has not shut down the app like this before.

I had the same problem yesterday and I was using the Usb connection. Was it MFI Certifide? Good question. I don’t know.

Last edited:
Reactions: mereflyer
I forgot to add in my earlier post. IF you are going to use the lower USB port be certain you remove the micro USB cable from the charging port.

While you are at it get a magnetic micro USB cable, put it in the charging port and leave it there to minimize damage to the tab.

Same here my Go4 app crashed mid flight. This was on a CS screen. Didn’t panic, just rebooted the CS then carried on flying. Only happened once last night.
The message that was on my screen was “go4 app stopped responding”
Then something about rebooting it.

Same here my Go4 app crashed mid flight. This was on a CS screen. Didn’t panic, just rebooted the CS then carried on flying. Only happened once last night.
The message that was on my screen was “go4 app stopped responding”
Then something about rebooting it.
Hmmmm..pattern developing here?

Reactions: WAXMAN
It just returned to the opening screen
Very odd.

If you're not using the current version of DJI GO, then upgrade to the current version. If you are using the current version and this continues to happen, then try reinstalling DJI GO.

I've seen it a few times in past 4 months. Small cable completely removed, using a 50cm USB cable with converter at the end to lightning. I'm almost sure my disconnects source are cable related. I've fixed it every time except once by plugging the cable out of my tab, back in, then restart Go4 app. Once I started the Litchi app and that worked as well. I've practised the skill to bring the drone back with no app attached.

I didn’t have time to investigate my problem further yesterday. I just hit RTH which worked flawlessly- packed up and returned home. I ordered a new cable and will fly again next week with it. I would love to figure this out. It was pretty cold outside when my connection failed-38 degrees. The last leg of my flight I flew quickly to a site about maybe 1/8 mile away. Maybe the wind chill? Just thinking out loud.

This happen to me but I was using a Android tablet and for some reason the Go app didn't like it and shut down mid flight, scared me to death. I finally broke down and bought an Apple tablet.

This happen to me but I was using a Android tablet and for some reason the Go app didn't like it and shut down mid flight, scared me to death. I finally broke down and bought an Apple tablet.
That is not my issue as I was using an iPhone and I was using the USB port and I had the current software. I’m new at this and it flipped me out when it happened.

So whether it’s health care or car mechanics or whatever, I believe in only making one change at a time so I know what actually works. In my case I was using the current software and the USB port and an iPhone. I’m going to change my cable and fly again this weekend. Is that a logical next move?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078