DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Goggles 1080p HD Immersive FPV Drone Accessory (Racing Edition)

Congrats on your MPP! If you're sticking with the MPP, I see no real advantage with the R/E goggles other than looking a bit cooler and having red leather padding. There "may" be a bit better range with the additional screw-in Pagoda antenna, but the R/E goggles seem to be more affected by WiFi in the city. So, I recommend just buying the standard DJI Goggles. Keep me posted how you like them!

The goggles came yesterday, they were a lot faster to set up than the drone.

They fit almost perfectly on my face so I'm not sure if that means I have a normal head or as someone before wrote an Asian shaped head.

The picture quality was amazing when I connected them to my laptop and I'm looking forward to getting a longer lead and trying a first person view game on the PlayStation.

I took it out for a flight this morning and the picture quality was very good. I think there are ways to make it better by changing the options in the headset but I didn't have time to try, the wind was very strong and I was having trouble bringing the Mavic back to me.

I did not want to risk sending it out again also three people came over close to me and I felt like an idiot with the headset on.

So far I'm very happy with them, I never fly the drone that far away from me but with the goggles, I would be willing to take it a lot further within reason and depending on the wind.

I had similar issues with the RE edition goggles and ended up returning them.
Same here, range is probably less than half of what i get with just the remote

Reactions: TR Ganey

I'm new to all this but my understanding is that there have been compatibility problems between the Mavic 2 and the RE goggles. I have not heard many complaints with the RE goggles and the Mavic Pro.

I will be conducting my own test but the last time I tried I was restricted from flying beyond 487 meters. There is an airfield nearby that used to be an airport. I'm thinking it might have had something to do with that.

I'm new to all this but my understanding is that there have been compatibility problems between the Mavic 2 and the RE goggles. I have not heard many complaints with the RE goggles and the Mavic Pro.

I will be conducting my own test but the last time I tried I was restricted from flying beyond 487 meters. There is an airfield nearby that used to be an airport. I'm thinking it might have had something to do with that.
What's annoying is when the Mavic 2 came out they were sold and i bought them as a bundle, get the RE goggles for cheaper if you buy them with your Mavic 2.

What's annoying is when the Mavic 2 came out they were sold and i bought them as a bundle, get the RE goggles for cheaper if you buy them with your Mavic 2.

That's pretty bad and the Mavic 2 has been out a while now so they know about this problem.

I got the Pro Platinum and thought it would be fun but had a hard time seeing the screen when flying then I found out about the goggles it's more enjoyable now.

Would you consider getting the original goggles?

Maybe I'm missing something about your setup, but why are you using the analog pagoda with a digital signal?

Hi, JSKCKNIT I'm flying a Mavic Pro I'm not using the OcuSync Air Unit.

It's working fine for me.
I saw your post that that's what you were flying and was confused why people are recommending the pagoda. If any antenna is used, it should be the cylindrical one. That one is dual frequency and made for long range video transmission.

Own both the Mavic Pro & the Mavic 2 Pro...along with the DJI Goggles and the DJI Goggles R/E. The MP and the base Goggles work like a champ...all the way past 15,000'. The M2P and the R/E goggles barely get to 10,000' with the Pagoda (~2500' without). I'm very impressed with the M2P without the Goggles (over 25,000' range), but using the R/E Goggles reduces the M2P controller functionality and range. Something's gotta start working or something is being returned.

I have a pro with the white goggles. They work great. Im thinking of going to the pro 2. How does the white goggles work with the new pro 2?
Thank you for your time

I have a pro with the white goggles. They work great. Im thinking of going to the pro 2. How does the white goggles work with the new pro 2?
Thank you for your time
I have the white goggles (used it with the Mav pro originally) and now have the Mavic 2 pro and zero problems with the white goggles. I would recommend it.
DJI had a firmware update o the goggle to accommodate the MAv 2.

That's me,too. Mavic Pro and white goggles. I'm not deeply into the photography side of this hobby and I got my setup for the abilities of the flight controller and the goggles for FPV flying. I don't care what I look like with the goggles on-I'm having too much fun to be concerned about it! The precision abilities of this drone are just outstanding and the picture in the goggles is a huge upgrade from typical goggles. I've no plans tod get a Mavic PRO 2 nor re goggles .Im welll satisfied with the performance of what I have now.

That's me,too. Mavic Pro and white goggles. I'm not deeply into the photography side of this hobby and I got my setup for the abilities of the flight controller and the goggles for FPV flying. I don't care what I look like with the goggles on-I'm having too much fun to be concerned about it! The precision abilities of this drone are just outstanding and the picture in the goggles is a huge upgrade from typical goggles. I've no plans tod get a Mavic PRO 2 nor re goggles .Im welll satisfied with the performance of what I have now.

I can say with certainty that if you like flying your MP with the DJI goggles, you would love the m2 zoom.
The goggles max res. is 1080 (I think), the zoom can do 4x zoom at that resolution, and it looks awesome through the DJI goggle.
With headtracking feature on the goggle.... You become "the bird" with a zoom vision.
Find someone that has a zoom, link up your google and try before buy!

I saw your post that that's what you were flying and was confused why people are recommending the pagoda. If any antenna is used, it should be the cylindrical one. That one is dual frequency and made for long range video transmission.
That's what the manual says but just remember the writer's are Chinese and what they say and what they mean can get confused on the official DJI website they are now recommending it's use and I have the RE goggles and have been able to fly 1080p until the mavic wants to RTH that's with pagoda antenna 5-6km and it will go further but I'm still in the process of learning to trust it that's a long way away the M2Z and RE goggles are an amazing combination but I seem to have been one of the lucky ones when you read alot of the threads on disconnecting it's not good but how much is pilot error and how much is mechanical I'm not sure I bought the goggles for my mp1 no problem then when I bought the M2Z needed to be set up different pagoda included and I never thought the distances would be what they are incredible. Safe flying

Congrats on your MPP! If you're sticking with the MPP, I see no real advantage with the R/E goggles other than looking a bit cooler and having red leather padding. There "may" be a bit better range with the additional screw-in Pagoda antenna, but the R/E goggles seem to be more affected by WiFi in the city. So, I recommend just buying the standard DJI Goggles. Keep me posted how you like them!

Has anyone found a fix to the range issue? I just got my new Mavic 2 Zoom and DJI RE goggles and I’m having the lost signal issue. I have only used the goggles once and did not use the pagoda antenna so I’ll be sure to use that next time I go out. I have the 0700 firmware which was the latest firmware I could find . Any help would be great thanks

Has anyone found a fix to the range issue? I just got my new Mavic 2 Zoom and DJI RE goggles and I’m having the lost signal issue. I have only used the goggles once and did not use the pagoda antenna so I’ll be sure to use that next time I go out. I have the 0700 firmware which was the latest firmware I could find . Any help would be great thanks
Keep in mind this note from the manualScreenshot_20190519-120601_Adobe%20Acrobat.jpeg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143