DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Goggles 1080p HD Immersive FPV Drone Accessory (Racing Edition)

I am using a Sony Xperia XZ premium 4k mobile phone with the Zeiss VR One plus headset and I can highly recommend that setup. The screen quality is way better than on an iPhone 7 also better than on the dji goggles (as far as I heard) while this combo is only half of the price of dji's goggles (not RE). Yes, there is always a very slight latency with WIFI but man, you are not supposed to race around with this drone, it should be more than acceptable for your usecase. By the way my favourite app for FPV is DroneVR which also gives you this fighter pilot HUD!
And now before i purchased the zoom i found out i have another option.....for $400 more they are selling the new smart controller with the drone. It would be really nice to not even need a separate device with the controller.

Crashing my drone was really bad. And using these goggle was far worse. So bad there shipping back today.
Latency major glitching when you get a little distance from you. So bad I had to lift goggles and look at iPad to see what was actually going on with the drone.
Video switching back and forth from color to black and white modes with a little distance between drone and controller.
Could not get the map view.
Touchpad going into lock constantly and have to fight with it to unlock then it would go into lock mode again.
Touchpad refusing to do what finger gesture should have done. Sparatic at best.
After using two batteries with the goggles trying to get the hang of it. I said **** this crap. Man, I think my blood was boiling. Pulled them off. Put the 3rd battery in and flew using the full hood around the I pad and practice precision flying around boulders and trees and had fun once again. Now looking for other goggles that are really decent with the mav pro 2.
Have you heard anything about the new smart controller? I might give up the goggles to have this controller

This is a great question!!!

I know the Goggles have antennas in the headband (which are separate from the optional pagoda, which is only meant for the 5ghz analog side) but what is the active communicating antenna once the goggles link to M2 & RC?

With the Goggles off, the M2 is great and the transistion is instantaneous, as the signal changes as soon as the googles link/unlink.

I feel its gotta be a firmware issue, mostly on 5ghz occusync but Im no scientist, darn it.

C'mon DJI
On the Dji website it says to use dji assistant 2 on the computer to update the goggles firmware

On the Dji website it says to use dji assistant 2 on the computer to update the goggles firmware
Yes, thats correct, and I have, but the latest fw (as far as I know, 0700, I think) did nothing for that issue, nor any of the updates to the M2 AC or RC fw but thanks for the suggestion.

Im still pretty hopeful that theyll fix it but I worry that the fact that its not a universal problem everyone is having will dilute their response effort, however, there are a significant amount of complaints all explaining the very same issue, and thats across different platform (iOS, droid) and different devices.

Just tested range of my new DJI Goggles RE with Mavic 2 Pro. 4000 m no problems without any additional Podoga

I hear so much conflicting information about the range with M2 and the REs. Would you mind sharing what equipment i.e. monitor etc. I'm beginning to wonder if the difference is iPhone/iPad vs android or something like that.

Thanks

I hear so much conflicting information about the range with M2 and the REs. Would you mind sharing what equipment i.e. monitor etc. I'm beginning to wonder if the difference is iPhone/iPad vs android or something like that.

Thanks

My first trial was with Android and outside the city along the seashore. Result 4000m.

Today I had the second trial with iPhone X and in the city. Result 500m. :(

My first trial was with Android and outside the city along the seashore. Result 4000m.

Today I had the second trial with iPhone X and in the city. Result 500m. :(
Two different platforms 2 different environments?. Tells nothing glad I don't have a problem

Today I had a test in small town (houses with 1 or 2 floors) with iPhone X . The range was 1200-1400 m.

I'm wondering the same thing. I have ZERO issues with the goggles. I adjust the exposure, of course, to see but I have NO transmission issues and commonly fly a mile and a half out and back. Over marsh, no obstacles and I always keep full bars.
Im noticing a correlation between the results we are all getting and the enviroments we are flying in...

IM NOTICING THAT THOSE THAT HAVE GREAT RANGE SEEM TO BE IN AREAS THAT HAVE VERY LITTLE, TO NO, RF INTERFERENCE, WHILE THOSE THAT DO HAVE ISSUES, ARE IN AREAS THAT HAVE SOME RF INTERFERENCE

NOW, BEFORE U GO TELLING ME NOT TO FLY IN INTERFERENCE HEAVY AREAS, IM NOT TALKING ABOUT AREAS HEAVY IN RF INTERFERENCE, BUT DO HAVE MORE THAN NONE...

KEEP IN MIND, THAT THOSE OF US THAT DO HAVE THIS PROBLEM, CAN SHUT DOWN OUR GOGGLES RE AND IMMEDIATELY GET FULL SIGNAL ON OUR MAVIC 2, THAT IS NO LONGER LINKED TO THE GOGGLES RE!!!

So, what this tells me is that the Goggles RE are SEVERELY ILL EQUIPPED TO HANDLE ANY RF INTERFERENCE, AND I MEAN ANY AT ALL!, or its in the software that allows the Goggles RE and the Mavic 2 RC/Go4 app to communicate with each other and control a single aircraft simultaneously.

TO TEST THIS THEORY, anyone who is able, take your M2/Goggles RE and go to an area that is opposite of your normal environment. So if u fly in the cities/suburbs, go the country or fly over a body of water and vice versa for those that normally fly in the boondocks).
Fly and keep mental notes of your experience and let us know.

Im thinking back to when I tested out a combination of M2 fw, GO4 app v4.3.0 (840) apk, and Goggles RE fw, that gave me good results, and this was surrounded by endless combinations of horrid results and the ONE FACTOR THAT I WAS SURE OF WAS THAT I HAD ABSOLUTELY NO RF INTERFERENCE (as proven by an spectrum analyzer) AND I FLEW OUT OVER A LAKE, AND THAT FLIGHT, I MADE IT OUT PAST 2 MILES W/O ANY ISSUES. This was the only flight I had no issues on but normally Im flying in areas where there is SOME RF INTERFERENCE BUT NOT HEAVY INTERFERENCE.

Ewww weeee...I acquired the DJI RE goggles as apart of my drone package purchase.
As to date...they are still sitting in the box as I wanna make sure I have positive control of my Mavic 2P.
Plan to play around/master the goggles in the near term months.
Seems like the goggles will be a blast.
Hoping for the positive...
Mike

I bought them and had so much bad time with them I returned them.
I am flying mav pro2.
Problem screen would go to black and white when I got a little bit away still in full eyesight.
Unbelievable drag in vision. Latency.
Oh, and that fracking lock motion on the side. What pure crap that is. You battle it then it locks again.
As you see for me it was a very poor experience. The company never even called or emailed.
Love the Mav pro2.
I hope you have better luck.
I did hear that the none pro does not have these issues. And won't connect to other drones.

Own both the Mavic Pro & the Mavic 2 Pro...along with the DJI Goggles and the DJI Goggles R/E. The MP and the base Goggles work like a champ...all the way past 15,000'. The M2P and the R/E goggles barely get to 10,000' with the Pagoda (~2500' without). I'm very impressed with the M2P without the Goggles (over 25,000' range), but using the R/E Goggles reduces the M2P controller functionality and range. Something's gotta start working or something is being returned.

Own both the Mavic Pro & the Mavic 2 Pro...along with the DJI Goggles and the DJI Goggles R/E. The MP and the base Goggles work like a champ...all the way past 15,000'. The M2P and the R/E goggles barely get to 10,000' with the Pagoda (~2500' without). I'm very impressed with the M2P without the Goggles (over 25,000' range), but using the R/E Goggles reduces the M2P controller functionality and range. Something's gotta start working or something is being returned.

Hi, Edslittleworld I just got my first drone a Mavic Pro Platinum. I am Looking to buy a pair of goggles can you tell me are the racing edition a better fit than the standard and are they worth the extra money?

Can anyone recommend a good online store to buy goggles? I was just about to buy from Amazon until they added 135 euros in hidden costs.

I'm new to the forum, hi everyone.

Hi, Edslittleworld I just got my first drone a Mavic Pro Platinum. I am Looking to buy a pair of goggles can you tell me are the racing edition a better fit than the standard and are they worth the extra money?

Can anyone recommend a good online store to buy goggles? I was just about to buy from Amazon until they added 135 euros in hidden costs.

I'm new to the forum, hi everyone.

Congrats on your MPP! If you're sticking with the MPP, I see no real advantage with the R/E goggles other than looking a bit cooler and having red leather padding. There "may" be a bit better range with the additional screw-in Pagoda antenna, but the R/E goggles seem to be more affected by WiFi in the city. So, I recommend just buying the standard DJI Goggles. Keep me posted how you like them!

Congrats on your MPP! If you're sticking with the MPP, I see no real advantage with the R/E goggles other than looking a bit cooler and having red leather padding. There "may" be a bit better range with the additional screw-in Pagoda antenna, but the R/E goggles seem to be more affected by WiFi in the city. So, I recommend just buying the standard DJI Goggles. Keep me posted how you like them!

Thanks for your reply Edslittleworld, can you tell me is there any difference around the eye area with the R/E version of the goggles I read that they leave in less light.

I've read and watched a lot of videos on both pairs of goggles but one thing I can't understand is can you record in HD to the R/E goggles while flying or is there some kind of extra recording function on them?

Thanks for your help, because you own both pairs you are in a unique position to answer questions but don't worry I won't keep pestering you about them.

Hi, Edslittleworld I went ahead and ordered the R/E goggles.

I can see myself using the goggles with the PlayStation so the more comfortable headband might be better as I would usually play that for two to three hours.

Sometime in the future, I would consider buying one of the tiny drones, not for racing but to take chances with that I wouldn't dare take with the Mavic.

The black color makes some attempt to hide how hideous they look.

I paid 580 Euro but they came with a DJI carry all bag and the vendor is an official DJI vendor with a 99.3% customer satisfaction rating. After three days of scouring the Internet, it was the best deal I could find. I came across some very dodgy vendors, better to pay more and have peace of mind.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser