DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Goggles 1080p HD Immersive FPV Drone Accessory (Racing Edition)

mlwdis

Reactions
Crashing my drone was really bad. And using these goggle was far worse. So bad there shipping back today.
Latency major glitching when you get a little distance from you. So bad I had to lift goggles and look at iPad to see what was actually going on with the drone.
Video switching back and forth from color to black and white modes with a little distance between drone and controller.
Could not get the map view.
Touchpad going into lock constantly and have to fight with it to unlock then it would go into lock mode again.
Touchpad refusing to do what finger gesture should have done. Sparatic at best.
After using two batteries with the goggles trying to get the hang of it. I said **** this crap. Man, I think my blood was boiling. Pulled them off. Put the 3rd battery in and flew using the full hood around the I pad and practice precision flying around boulders and trees and had fun once again. Now looking for other goggles that are really decent with the mav pro 2.

Crashing my drone was really bad. And using these goggle was far worse. So bad there shipping back today.
Latency major glitching when you get a little distance from you. So bad I had to lift goggles and look at iPad to see what was actually going on with the drone.
Video switching back and forth from color to black and white modes with a little distance between drone and controller.
Touchpad going into lock constantly and have to fight with it to unlock then it would go into lock mode again.
After using two batteries with the goggles trying to get the hang of it. I said **** this crap. Man, I think my blood was boiling. Pulled them off. Put the 3rd battery in and flew using the full hood around the I pad and practice precision flying around boulders and trees and had fun once again. Now looking for other goggles that are really decent with the mav pro 2.
Sad to hear your bad experience I have Mp1 with goggles have no problems to date all functions great distance out to 3.5 klm . Have read about problems with Mp2 is a shame because I would like to upgrade shortly . Good luck with finding something better hope everything goes ok with the return best of luck.

I had similar issues with the RE edition goggles and ended up returning them.

Sad to hear your bad experience I have Mp1 with goggles have no problems to date all functions great distance out to 3.5 klm . Have read about problems with Mp2 is a shame because I would like to upgrade shortly . Good luck with finding something better hope everything goes ok with the return best of luck.
Thank you.

Ugh I hate to hear about your problems... I have the original Mavic Pro and the regular white dji goggles that I bought together in September last year.
I haven't had a lick of trouble and the video feed is flawless as far as I ever go.. A mile and a half or so then I turn around outta fear.. Lol
Goggles are perfect and I suspect they would stay connected much much further... No lag whatsoever

Reactions: Edslittleworld
Ugh I hate to hear about your problems... I have the original Mavic Pro and the regular white dji goggles that I bought together in September last year.
I haven't had a lick of trouble and the video feed is flawless as far as I ever go.. A mile and a half or so then I turn around outta fear.. Lol
Goggles are perfect and I suspect they would stay connected much much further... No lag whatsoever
I also have the mavic pro original...if there is no lag with the white goggles whats the big advantage to the racing edition.

I had an android phone that would slow down and get black and white I believe because it was overloaded already and the added cache gave it problems. Does the phone have any influence or do the goggles work independently?

I also have the mavic pro original...if there is no lag with the white goggles whats the big advantage to the racing edition.
I'm wondering the same thing. I have ZERO issues with the goggles. I adjust the exposure, of course, to see but I have NO transmission issues and commonly fly a mile and a half out and back. Over marsh, no obstacles and I always keep full bars.

Reactions: Davo0001
Just tested range of my new DJI Goggles RE with Mavic 2 Pro. 4000 m no problems without any additional Podoga
Well shucks, I hear things like this and Im glad that your experience is great, but I wish they would fix the issues with the combinations that arent...

Theres definately an issue with the Goggles RE affecting range when, and only when, they're connected to the M2. when Goggles arent on/connected, my M2 gets awesome range, 4+km, however, when they are connected, its black/white screen, LOS at 1000ft, across different devices.

I wish they would dedicate some time to fixing that issue as everything else is awesome about the combination, but when your signal goes from 100% to 0% in 2 secs flat, it totally kills it!!!

Reactions: cskeller07
I had an android phone that would slow down and get black and white I believe because it was overloaded already and the added cache gave it problems. Does the phone have any influence or do the goggles work independently?
This is a great question!!!

I know the Goggles have antennas in the headband (which are separate from the optional pagoda, which is only meant for the 5ghz analog side) but what is the active communicating antenna once the goggles link to M2 & RC?

With the Goggles off, the M2 is great and the transistion is instantaneous, as the signal changes as soon as the googles link/unlink.

I feel its gotta be a firmware issue, mostly on 5ghz occusync but Im no scientist, darn it.

C'mon DJI

I am just curious if these goggles are only good with Dji products or drones. That is quite expensive for only this use?

I am using a Sony Xperia XZ premium 4k mobile phone with the Zeiss VR One plus headset and I can highly recommend that setup. The screen quality is way better than on an iPhone 7 also better than on the dji goggles (as far as I heard) while this combo is only half of the price of dji's goggles (not RE). Yes, there is always a very slight latency with WIFI but man, you are not supposed to race around with this drone, it should be more than acceptable for your usecase. By the way my favourite app for FPV is DroneVR which also gives you this fighter pilot HUD!

I am just curious if these goggles are only good with Dji products or drones. That is quite expensive for only this use?
Well, the best info I can offer u is that they have an HDMI in. They can also receive an analog 5ghz FPV signal, common in the diy quad arena, but otherwise they are Occusync 2, Mavic 2 (as well as, Occusync 1 backward compatible, Mavic 1).

They are big, clunky, but they have a great resolution, clear picture, for this day and age of fpv goggles but other than watching a movie or playing a video game, Im not sure Id have a use for them besides flying a dji drone!

I really like them but theyre not travel friendly and the current signal range issue when linked to my M2 makes me angry, but I have hi hopes its a firmware update away from being fixed.

They are expensive though, I do concede they are not for everyone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato