DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Goggles Antenna Mods

I'm sorry I should have been more specific. My area is insanely congested. I got the Titan to push through some of that but my video to my goggles won't benefit.

from reading that post...sound like the antenna above the usb charging port is the one BUT what about the other antenna right across from it? maybe do both?

he didn't say what directional antenna he used or how many dbi it was?

Nah I just responded to the thread. Hopefully we can get a follow-up from him. I am definitely willing to tear into mine if I at least know which direction to begin.

or if you tablet has hdmi out run that into the goggles :) ya I know that kinda of defects the idea on the dji goggles

I am running amps on my remote so I may have to do this too!!!

I should add if your tablet is a android you wont beable to run it on 5gz :( cause android don't have that 5ghz built in well I should say the ones I have seen! maybe new ones do??? ipad DOES have that that's what I have

I am running amps on my controller so I bet I will loose video to goggles before tablet but I haven't test it yet hopefully this weekend I will

Let me know your results. I am grounded for a bit (ankle surgery) I can tinker but can't get to my flying spot.

Let me know your results. I am grounded for a bit (ankle surgery) I can tinker but can't get to my flying spot.

I will and hopefully weather will be good this weekend

also I think I found the dbi specs of the goggle bulid in antennas it I think they are 6dbi which would make sense cause if I recall the stock controller antennas are also 6dbi....just a fyi

also I think I found the dbi specs of the goggle bulid in antennas it I think they are 6dbi which would make sense cause if I recall the stock controller antennas are also 6dbi....just a fyi
Actually after seeing your thread where you had the video of you using the HDMI dongle I just decided to go that route and picked one up from Amazon. Got my Titan switch in today and installed it. Hopefully I get to try it out this weekend.

ahhh ok cool let me know how it goes!!! I am hoping to try it the next couple of days but the wind been so bad here and a cold front coming in too :(

ohh Iam doing my own DIY amps sooo I will see how they work to when I test the goggles! :)

Reactions: Jasonuo
i would like to add today I flew over 3,000 feet and I didn't have any problems with the goggles in wireless mode losing video before the tablet.....so I am not sure how far you have to go to have the goggles loose video before the tablet/phone

I have the standard dji goggles

just a fyi I did over 10,000 feet flight the other day and I didn't have any goggle disconnect problems when using the goggles in wireless mode! I am using the normal dji goggles the white ones NOT the RE version I am not sure if that makes a difference or not....

so i am not sure why people are having disconnects?? anyways just thought i would post this info

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src1972