DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Goggles FINALLY HERE!!!!

Hmmmm, think I'll wait till the price of the Epsom BT 300's comes down or DJI makes something that doesn't make you look like you're wearing a small building on your head.

I think you'll regret this decision the moment you try the dji goggles. There's nothing that comes close to the feature set of these goggles and price is not that bad. The head tracking looks spot on in the review I watched. You still have the option to use your phone or tablet with the controller in parallel to these goggles. Just flip them up when needed.

But it Litchi has the same feature why by these instead of using an existing phone/headset combination?

The litchi tracking is laggy, and the yaw is the entire drone rather than just the camera. With dji goggles you can head track with direct link to the camera gimbal, and lag is minimal.

Reactions: hyb
Beyond just the fun of FPV flying, what's the prospect of all of this for taking smoother footage? Seems like I have way more control over my head movement than over the tiny stick adjustments that make the footage often jerky. So at first this seems promising. Has anybody posted a video taken while flying with the Goggles online?

Reactions: Budmancan
Can't seem to find an answer to this. Is the crystal monitor not going to be compatible with the mavic. If it's just an issue of mounting the monitor to the controller,I can deal with that in some fashion. If there is another thread on this subject,I haven't found it. Thanks

Can't seem to find an answer to this. Is the crystal monitor not going to be compatible with the mavic. If it's just an issue of mounting the monitor to the controller,I can deal with that in some fashion. If there is another thread on this subject,I haven't found it. Thanks

The monitor is compatible but not mountable.

Pre-orders are now available here at Advexure, DJI estimates that first shipments will be arriving in around the second to third week in May. Pre-orders will be filled on a first come, first served basis.

Pre-Order DJI Goggles for Mavic | Advexure - DJI's Largest West Coast Dealer

Any questions regarding pre-ordering your DJI Goggles please don't hesitate to PM or reach out on our live chat.

Safe and happy immersive flying! :cool:
-The Advexure Team

DJI store sold out...........Ordered them from you.............Thank You!

Ended up backordering from Advexure. On their website it says shipping late May.

WTF!!! I just checked the website yesterday!!! Now I have to wait and get a fking *reminder* -- those who get the first batch enjoy!! DJI just keeps taking it to the next level... Awesome!

Reactions: cwquek
Yes just about all content is HDCP 2.2 compliant, even YouTube streaming will not work without it.
The HDMI input will only be good for non encrypted content. Given the weight and bulk I doubt I would be using these to watch a movie:)

Rob

What do you think they mean by "[6] DJI Goggles can only play content downloaded from DJI drones."? You can watch content from an hdmi source but not from a micro sd (unless it is from DJI drones)? Or something else?

Going with what msinger said I am even more confused.
If I follow what DJI is saying is the real function of these goggles and that it is for me to share the experience with another person then the limitation of Gimbal control being relinquished to the Goggles makes no sense!

I am flying the Mavic with my tablet and my wife has on the goggles. we are going between some buildings and she decides to look down. As the pilot I can no longer see where I am going! How is this system supposed to work if the person wearing the googles always has control of the Yaw or the Gimbal?

Rob

Just pick a flight mode that doesn't give the goggles gimbal control .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hcastro