DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Goggles? How do they really compare under use?

Steve Gross

Reactions
Not so sure how to ask this question; "I am wondering if at a particular distance, if the picture appears to be that same particular distance"?

Confusing question!
If you mean that in a VR or 3D sense of the word then no. It's just like looking at it on a regular TV screen.

Rob

He might be meaning, are things 'actual size'. If so, then the imaged object can't actually be actual size for all drones, and may be for one particular drone model, AMIRITE?

I
Depth of Field?
Watch the screen on a tablet when flying, it's hard to see exactly how far away the MP is.
A curious aside, some people see in 3d if they close one eye. Apparently a significant component of perceiving 3 dimensions visually, is how the brain does depth interpolation, and for some, closing one eye while looking at a 2D screen image, tricks the brain into thinking the image is 3d. Try watching a movie with an eye covered, then try the other eye. I recommend 'Oblivion'. FUN!

Reactions: Michael Ainsworth
He might be meaning, are things 'actual size'. If so, then the imaged object can't actually be actual size for all drones, and may be for one particular drone model, AMIRITE?

Actual size is almost correct. I notice that when I fly with my Glyph s, I can tell distances much better if I zoom in on my tablet. Or, for me, when zooming in, It makes a distance of 10-20 ft. look like the same 10-20 ft. without wearing the goggles. I apologize for asking a question I do not know how to convey a true meaning. If I wear my Head Plays without zooming, the MP can be much closer to an object than my eyes perceive, in real distances. I still do not have my DJI Goggles and was just wondering what depth perception is like in them as compared to other goggles. Sorry and thanks all!

I would like to see an impartial review from someone who paid for their goggles and did not get them for free from DJI. All others are informative but do you get the real truth.

I would like to see an impartial review from someone who paid for their goggles and did not get them for free from DJI. All others are informative but do you get the real truth.
I think that over 95% of us on this forum that have the goggles paid for them. Mine our great once I made compensations for my bad eyesight.

I think that over 95% of us on this forum that have the goggles paid for them. Mine our great once I made compensations for my bad eyesight.

That is my worry, I had cataract surgery 3 years ago, and wear glasses for distance (Not Reading), I do have other issues that have caused me to send back probably 3 sets of other goggles that people get on well with. BUT they were all mostly sight related. I think these may be different as they "seem" to allow the comfortable wearing of glasses.

Some of the others I tried also caused the correctional lenses to fof after a while because of condensation. I live in Florida and it is pretty much always hot.

Hovering about 4 Ft. in front of a stop sign, wearing a pair of Glyphs" and, that 4' distance, MP to Stop Sign was perceived as a real 4 ft. If I wear a pair of Headplays, I usually zoom about 1.5 or more. So, that was the question about how it might look in the DJI Goggles since mine will arrive sometime "soon". Finally figured out a "way" to ask my question. Thank you for your patience.

Reactions: Pathogen

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NIKLM