DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GOGGLES.....second thoughts?

abh002

Reactions
It seems like that when I talk with people who are selling their goggles on Craigs List....they bought them and then decided they didn't like them for various reasons. I am thinking of buying but I was wondering who has bought them and no longer use...or don't like them. I don't want to buy and then be disappointed or not use due to the hassle....any thoughts from anybody? I am a new DJI Mavic pilot and use a Ipad 4....it seems ok...but now think that putting my money toward a Crystal Sky display may be the way to go instead of the goggles...

Reactions: Timbit31
It seems like that when I talk with people who are selling their goggles on Craigs List....they bought them and then decided they didn't like them for various reasons. I am thinking of buying but I was wondering who has bought them and no longer use...or don't like them. I don't want to buy and then be disappointed or not use due to the hassle....any thoughts from anybody? I am a new DJI Mavic pilot and use a Ipad 4....it seems ok...but now think that putting my money toward a Crystal Sky display may be the way to go instead of the goggles...
Goggle aren't for everyone! Some people just "freak out" when wearing them,and others love them. I fall into the latter class,as I also fly racing drones. So it's more "natural" to me. Some people even get "motion sickness" wearing them,as it's really "immersive" when you wear them. The view will really make you think(trick your brain) that you are onboard the drone flying it!

Reactions: abh002
I was using FatShark V3 goggles and switched to the DJI goggles and like them to the point I sold my FatSharks. I do find that I need to sit when flying.
I also was flying small racing drones before I got a Phantom 4 & a Mavic.
I can see where the DJI goggles will have more features,plus you don't need to use your phone with them!:)

Reactions: Pathogen
I would say just buy them, but from a vendor that allows no questions asked refund. Or find a pair to try out first.

Reactions: Ron_Dog
I would say just buy them, but from a vendor that allows no questions asked refund. Or find a pair to try out first.
Yes,I would like to see and use a set,to see how I liked them!:) They look like they are extreemly large,but maybe that's not a problem?

They aren't heavy. The potential problems are going to be the fit, and the focus. In both cases the aren't adjustable enough for some folks.

They aren't heavy. The potential problems are going to be the fit, and the focus. In both cases the aren't adjustable enough for some folks.
Thanks,I wonder how you can see if they will fit well,without laying out 499.00? You would think that DJI would send out more information about them?

Last edited:
Main problems are focus, fitting and fogging. The 3 f's. I got focus fixers, that solved one, I don't really need the goggles to flip up, none of the other goggles do, I'm still working on the fogging issue. But all things considered I like them and plan on keeping mine.

Main problems are focus, fitting and fogging. The 3 f's. I got focus fixers, that solved one, I don't really need the goggles to flip up, none of the other goggles do, I'm still working on the fogging issue. But all things considered I like them and plan on keeping mine.
Has anyone tried anti-fogging gel people use for diving masks?

Oddly I thought I was going to need something like that, but for me they only fog up in the first 5min or so, then they clear up for some reason I can't figure out.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zacf