DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji goggles

johnsctt78

Reactions
Hi guys
I'm looking at buying the dji goggles. Anyone here have any input on it. What's the distance for the mavic video feed etc
Any info much appreciated

This review covers many of the common questions about the DJI Goggles:

I'm also looking.
Price has come down quite a bit
Wonder if a new version is coming out
Hopefully they changed in the styling department.:D
Buy DJI Goggles

yes i heard rumor a new model with adjustable diopters for glasses users is coming and maybe some other features, i too have noticed they came down alot in pricing

I have mine for the past several months and when the price started going down I was on the fence on getting one.

I bought it finally and to be honest I think it's a great addition to folks who have a Mavic and or Spark. I have both so the investment would serve two purposes although with the Mavic it is much a better experience. Connecting through occusync with the Mavic versus through a USB OTG cable with the Spark makes it less clunky. It works with the Spark but not as easy with the Mavic.

As far as use. I can't say I use it every time. I still need more practice with it and for some being able to accurate frame shots is easier with it than without. No sunshade no interference in seeing things. Unfortunately you do need to make sure you have LOS which I know I flip the goggles on and off till I'm comfortable with it high in the air. I actually had more confidence flying farther out since I feel like I'm with it the entire time. Like sitting in a pilot seat whereby I would have kept it LOS. Of course thats like breaking the rules. :).

It definitely changes perspective. If you can't see it over a tree I usually try to bring it back but with the goggles it doesn't matter. It's like you're up there and driving/flying it so YOU know where you are going. Hopefully that makes sense.

Do I like it. Definitely! Do I use it all the time. I can't say I do but any opportunity I try so mileage for you will vary.

I think most people want to experience it and once they do the "mystery" and use dissipates. I can't speak for everyone but it is big and clunky to easily carry around despite a nice case I got with it.

Take it for what it is and have fun with it if you can drop that cash.

Reactions: Paulf10 and Ms.UAV
Thanks for the awesome review!
I'm on the phantom forum and just received my mavic pro today.
I was told the MP doesn't have an hdmi port
I have avegant glyph goggles and really like them since i can look up or down without flipping up the goggles.
They're also good for movies and music
But i don't want to buy a tablet with an hdmi port just to use the goggles
The wireless is a big plus on the dji goggles

Thanks for the awesome review!
I'm on the phantom forum and just received my mavic pro today.
I was told the MP doesn't have an hdmi port
I have avegant glyph goggles and really like them since i can look up or down without flipping up the goggles.
They're also good for movies and music
But i don't want to buy a tablet with an hdmi port just to use the goggles
The wireless is a big plus on the dji goggles
Cool congrats on the new Mavic.

Just to be clear the wireless "occusync" goggles to Mavic won't help with Wirelessly connect to other device for watching on a tablet or anything. You will still need an HDMI cable.

To further justify my purchase I thought I could it to watch TV /movie, play Xbox and yes I can do it all once I purchased a cable long enough from my TV to the couch. Once again great experience but realistically not really practical.

Keep that in mind if you plan to do the same. Fun at first but then you're like do I really want to put that on my head to watch a movie for a couple of hours? :)

Reactions: Paulf10
Yes, I've read through most of those.
I was looking for more of people that have used them and still like them
I don't want them to end up collecting dust on a shelf
I can get a brand new set for $305 shipped and have enough ebay bucks to cover the cost.:)

Reactions: genesimmons
I want one too now that I have an Air and Pro.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks !

I have one - perfect addition to my mavic arsenal [emoji106]

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661