DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Google Connection to Drone vs. Remote

Phoenix Drone

Reactions
I have the non-racing (white) googles. They connect directly to the drone using Occusync 1.0 on 2.4 GHz. Is there also a radio connection between the googles and the remote controller and do both the remote controller and the Googles connect to the drone at the same time. l am basically wondering how the connection between the drone, googles, and remote works.

I have the non-racing (white) googles. They connect directly to the drone using Occusync 1.0 on 2.4 GHz. Is there also a radio connection between the googles and the remote controller and do both the remote controller and the Googles connect to the drone at the same time. l am basically wondering how the connection between the drone, googles, and remote works.

Both the remote and the goggles both connet to the drone at the same time yes. There is certainly some connection between the remote and the goggles how that works and if it always works the same way is unknown. I think it probably works like a peer to peer network but that’s purely speculation.

Is there a specific reason you are asking because we might be able to help with that. The reason nobody’s answered before me is because we don’t know on a technical level the answers to your question but we might know on a practical level

Brett, thanks for the reply. I was thinking about getting an extra goggle for spectators, and the manual defines how you bind and use multiple goggles with remotes. All good there.

I was just curious how it worked. It seems Occusync 2.0 (and perhaps 1.0) allows multiple connections to the drone, from both the goggles and remote. It would make sense that the remote would need to control the drone, aside from some goggle functions such as head following. I guess technically it could all go through the remote (peer to peer as you said), but the video downlink does comes directly from the drone (expensive goggles!). Do you think the few uplink commands from the goggles to the drone go through the remote or is the goggle-drone link bi-directional?

It all works well for me and I am very happy with the system. It's just the engineer in me that wants to know. This can be a curse, I took apart my first digital watch 30 years ago and could not put it back together.

Brett, thanks for the reply. I was thinking about getting an extra goggle for spectators, and the manual defines how you bind and use multiple goggles with remotes. All good there.

I was just curious how it worked. It seems Occusync 2.0 (and perhaps 1.0) allows multiple connections to the drone, from both the goggles and remote. It would make sense that the remote would need to control the drone, aside from some goggle functions such as head following. I guess technically it could all go through the remote (peer to peer as you said), but the video downlink does comes directly from the drone (expensive goggles!). Do you think the few uplink commands from the goggles to the drone go through the remote or is the goggle-drone link bi-directional?

It all works well for me and I am very happy with the system. It's just the engineer in me that wants to know. This can be a curse, I took apart my first digital watch 30 years ago and could not put it back together.

Yea that’s the part I dont know. The transmission to the drone is different from the the video link from the drone but if the goggles sends commands to the remote and the remote relays it to the drone or the goggles send commands directly I couldn’t tell you. I’m sorry. Maybe somebody at some point will see this and has some insight but I think it’s difficult to verify.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LizP