DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GOOGLES 3 WORKING WITH THE AIR 3 AND MINI 4 PRO

I won't purchase them unless they make access to Active Track, and any of the advanced features of the Mini 4 pro. Yes it would be nice to fly with the goggles, but if you can't access any of the drone features, it doesn't make much sense. I'll be watching for firmware updates. But till then, They can keep the goggles. What a let down DJI !!!!

Reactions: davidarmenb
The Xreal glasses I have are perfect. Easy on and off, light weight, no battery and Full Control of the features on the RC2. I got the Goggles 3 because I thought they would have added features. Nah, they have less (per this thread). The Glasses are Great. You won't believe it.

I won't purchase them unless they make access to Active Track, and any of the advanced features of the Mini 4 pro. Yes it would be nice to fly with the goggles, but if you can't access any of the drone features, it doesn't make much sense. I'll be watching for firmware updates. But till then, They can keep the goggles. What a let down DJI !!!!
Are you referring to this?
IMG_4661.jpeg
Because I must say, when I did the search I was imagining standard VR goggles and was NOT expecting them to look like a pair of normal sunglasses!

May just get the Air 2 to go with my Air 3 hahah

I just saw a video on the glasses. I see they connect usb-c. How are they outside in full sunlight? Light leak around the glasses compared to goggles?

The Xreals have no battery, they get the signal and power from the RC2, so there goes the battery weight. They connect with one end of a "c" cable to the glasses and the other end, "c" connects to the RC2. Your video in the glasses can be dimmed from dark to light. You can be viewing in front of you while your flying. I always use them outside. I don't need any Hoodman. There are many good videos on You Tube.

It appears I quoted the wrong post earlier! My post was to ask @Krrr if that was the product he was referring to, not @jmc667 . But @Krrr ’s later answer indicates that to be the case. It is definitely something I’m going to look into.

How do these work in sunlight? Looks like a lot of light leakage from the sides?

Perhaps I could 3D print something that totally blocks the light..!

The Goggles 3 have almost zero light leakage for me out of the box, which is a rare thing even when using aftermarket pads...

Try the glasses. I have the Xreal. Only a 32" monitor looks better. I based my findings on this thread. I have not opened my Goggles 3 yet and plan on returning, base on their inability to supply the Digital Zoom (M4P is 1-3 on the zoom and the Air 3 is 3-9 on the Digital Zoom). Big losses for me.
I took your advice, ordered Rokid Max due to diopter adj. They look dumb, but hey, I'm a 52yo flying a drone, lol. Keep you posted. Currently using wireless USB-C to HDMI adaper with DJI Goggles white. Heavy and bulky, but no features lost and 85 degree fov!
20240424_081645.jpg

Reactions: Krrr
I think I'm going to get those also. DJI can play games on making the goggles 3 available, but with no access to active track , etc. They will loose us as customers, because we are going with someone else. That's a shame, because I would have wanted the goggles 3 for my Mini 4 pro. I've waited along time for goggles that would work for me, but I'm done waiting DJI... BYE, BYE

I took your advice, ordered Rokid Max due to diopter adj. They look dumb, but hey, I'm a 52yo flying a drone, lol. Keep you posted. Currently using wireless USB-C to HDMI adaper with DJI Goggles white. Heavy and bulky, but no features lost and 85 degree fov!
View attachment 174553
Let us know how great they work. I see in the pic that you have a CS7. They work great with monitors, if your not using glasses. Being over 70 all these help.

The Xreal glasses I have are perfect. Easy on and off, light weight, no battery and Full Control of the features on the RC2. I got the Goggles 3 because I thought they would have added features. Nah, they have less (per this thread). The Glasses are Great. You won't believe it.
No diopter though right? You will need $150 prescription lenses..

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet