DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI GOOGLES 3 WORKING WITH THE AIR 3 AND MINI 4 PRO

Last edited:
Reactions: KLRSKIR and halifax
Are there any reports of restrictions when using the drone with the goggles 3 and the RC2, like not all settings being available?
I should be able to try both drones later today or in the next couple of days. I will report my findings. I will also try the Motion 3 Controller which is suppose to also work on both drones.

Reactions: c.oberschneider
I should be able to try both drones later today or in the next couple of days. I will report my findings. I will also try the Motion 3 Controller which is suppose to also work on both drones.
Can confirm air 3 works very well with goggles 3 and Mo-Con 3!

What I wanna try next is the goggles 3 with RC2! And yes DJI did program it to work like this this time!

Are there any reports of restrictions when using the drone with the goggles 3 and the RC2, like not all settings being available?
I tried it with Air 3. Was disappointed to find out I couldn't switch cameras and use 3-9x with goggles on, even when RC2 was programmed with switch camera shortcut button :(

I tried it with Air 3. Was disappointed to find out I couldn't switch cameras and use 3-9x with goggles on, even when RC2 was programmed with switch camera shortcut button :(
Thanks for your effort! Sad to hear that DJI once again missed a great opportunity here.
Any other restrictions, like video mode only available with automatic settings or only JPEGs in photo mode?

Reactions: bonzo
Mine get delivered today, they will be promptly returned. I'm not losing all that functionality for goggles. Screen is just fine.

I got the Avata 2 at Saturday and had up to 10 flights with it. While goggles and motion controller work well with the Avata 2, I don't think I will use them for my Mini 4 as well. Too many restrictions, such as camera options, Active Track and so on. And for exact manoevering the Mini 4 I prefer the sticks over the motion controller. I am using the Rokid max goggles since months with the Mini 4 and will continue using them instead of the DJI goggles 3.

I got the Avata 2 at Saturday and had up to 10 flights with it. While goggles and motion controller work well with the Avata 2, I don't think I will use them for my Mini 4 as well. Too many restrictions, such as camera options, Active Track and so on. And for exact manoevering the Mini 4 I prefer the sticks over the motion controller. I am using the Rokid max goggles since months with the Mini 4 and will continue using them instead of the DJI goggles 3.
How are the Rokid max goggles connected to the drone?

Reactions: bkushner
So if I understand this correctly, the googles would be the same as a monitor connected to the RC2. You still control the drone with the RC2. Any additional gizmos between the googles and the controller? Just the usb c cable?

Yes but you can’t change cameras with the controller when goggles are hooked up. Also some other limitations. A monitor would be better.

Reactions: davidarmenb
Please forgive me if I missed a post on this, but I would like to purchase the goggles 3 to use on my Mini 4pro. Has anybody done this yet? Is there any limitations using the new goggles and the RC 2? Is there any video somewhere that shows this setup? Maybe full review?

Please forgive me if I missed a post on this, but I would like to purchase the goggles 3 to use on my Mini 4pro. Has anybody done this yet? Is there any limitations using the new goggles and the RC 2? Is there any video somewhere that shows this setup? Maybe full review?
Just a few posts above, users of the Mini 4 Pro / Air 3 are reporting that using the Goggles 3 (and I assume Goggles 2) comes with severe limitations such as not being able to use any of the Active Track features and not being able to switch to the 3x camera on the Air 3, even when using the RC2 remote and only having the Goggles for viewing the camera feed.
This alone is enough for me to stop considering purchasing the Goggles 3 for my Air 3.

There should be tons of YouTube videos on this by now. A quick search of “Goggles 2/3 and Mini 4 Pro” should bring up many videos.

I just did a search and read the same thing. I've been waiting soo long for a set of goggles to work with the mini 4 pro. such a disappointment. I'm glad we discovered this. As you, I will not be purchasing. Maybe in a future firmware update.
What a waste DJI !!!

Try the glasses. I have the Xreal. Only a 32" monitor looks better. I based my findings on this thread. I have not opened my Goggles 3 yet and plan on returning, base on their inability to supply the Digital Zoom (M4P is 1-3 on the zoom and the Air 3 is 3-9 on the Digital Zoom). Big losses for me.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure