DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Googles - Loosing connection - Slowly worst or instant loss?

anom3

Reactions
Was just wondering...

With the DJI goggles, when the connection starts to get bad, do they go from connected to disconnected instantly or is it like the video on the phone where the quality drops then eventually connection is lost?

Also are they smart enough to re-connect when the signal improves?

The video simply degraded until at full signal loss, the image freezes. When the video feed is restablished, the image blinks from the frozen image to motion.

The first visual signs of signal loss is a gradual decline in video quality, giving you plenty of time to gain altitude or whatever is needed to regain line or sight or return inside the signal boundary.

Last edited:
Reactions: anom3
Perfect!

Thanks for letting me know. Was unsure as I have so far only flown close enough (2km+) that the image in the goggles was 100% stable.

Heh, knock on wood but I have yet to see single frame drop / degradation on the goggles... This is why I asked.

The video simply degraded until at full signal loss, the image freezes. She video feed is restablished, the image blinks from the frozen image to motion.

The first visual signs of signal loss is a gradual decline in video quality, giving you plenty of time to gain altitude or whatever is needed to regain line or sight or return inside the signal boundary.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hippysmavic