DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Grapevine TX

rg155

Reactions
I sent my mavic in for repairs and the label they gave me is a DJI address in Grapevine TX. Has anyone heard of this location?

Good news, the mavic was delivered yesterday and DJI said they received it a day later and on that same day the repaired and tested it all under warranty and are preparing to ship it back. Only took 10 minutes for repairs from when they did the damage assessment to when they fixed it.

Good news, the mavic was delivered yesterday and DJI said they received it a day later and on that same day the repaired and tested it all under warranty and are preparing to ship it back. Only took 10 minutes for repairs from when they did the damage assessment to when they fixed it.

My mavic is due to arrive there today. I was unsure of this grapevine Texas location as my mavic was at a different location when it first was repaired. Looks like I might be getting my bird back a little earlier than Normal since it’s in Texas

Reactions: chazzm

You may find that you get a refurbed Mavic back, which might explain why the the repair was so quick.

I just sent mine off there also.2nd go around the 1st time to Cali.this time toTexas.purchased it in Nov.2017 Camera has never worked properly couldn't get rid of the jello affect.

Bought my Mavic pro at best buy June 29 2017. One of the black rubber bands that stabilize the gimbal in the camera is defective. DJI sent me the same ups shipping label to grapevine Texas- I guess to replace that one SMALL black rubber band. First, I received the "gimbal vibration abnormal" alert. I saw the rubber band's tiny loop was broken away from the mail loop of the band. I then looped the main loop around the tab of the camera gimbal and got the " gimbal motor overload" alert. I guess that side's rubber band now is TOO tight on the camera gimbal's tab on that side. Also tried to recalibrate the gimbal. It failed. Have any of you had a good experience with sending off the Mavic aircraft to Grapevine Texas. What's the usual turn around time - from when you send it to when you get it back. @Cimriver suggested that a "refurbed" Mavic was sent to a customer. Why would they do this without notification? All a person has to do is verify the serial number of the original aircraft. I would be illegal to keep the original aircraft without the knowledge and agreement of the customer.

Reactions: Motamimi
All a manufacturer has to do to honor their warranty is to to make it so you get a working unit that is in at least as good condition as yours. There's nothing about giving you the exact unit you had.

That is incorrect @Kilrah I just checked with DJI support. They would not send a refurbished aircraft out without the knowledge and approval of the customer. If a drone is assessed by DJI to be irreparable- then perhaps- with the knowledge and approval of the customer, they would send out a refurbished aircraft. They would NOT just do it "on the sly" … so to speak.

Never read of that actually happening, but whatever. History shows them doing whatever is going to get you something back as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Point is AFAIK they don't need to anyway.

Last edited:
Say What?? I’ve seen several instances where a refurbished unit was sent in replacement of units sent for repair!! Do a search! It’s been done! And without customers approval!

Bought my Mavic pro at best buy June 29 2017. One of the black rubber bands that stabilize the gimbal in the camera is defective. DJI sent me the same ups shipping label to grapevine Texas- I guess to replace that one SMALL black rubber band. First, I received the "gimbal vibration abnormal" alert. I saw the rubber band's tiny loop was broken away from the mail loop of the band. I then looped the main loop around the tab of the camera gimbal and got the " gimbal motor overload" alert. I guess that side's rubber band now is TOO tight on the camera gimbal's tab on that side. Also tried to recalibrate the gimbal. It failed. Have any of you had a good experience with sending off the Mavic aircraft to Grapevine Texas. What's the usual turn around time - from when you send it to when you get it back. @Cimriver suggested that a "refurbed" Mavic was sent to a customer. Why would they do this without notification? All a person has to do is verify the serial number of the original aircraft. I would be illegal to keep the original aircraft without the knowledge and agreement of the customer.
I have seen several posts on this forum indicating that they received a Mavic Pro with a different serial number then the one sent in for repair. Were they new units? I doubt it. As far as checking with DJI support, my experiences with them leaves me no doubt that one might not get accurate information as to whether or not they would send back a refurbished unit.

That is incorrect @Kilrah I just checked with DJI support. They would not send a refurbished aircraft out without the knowledge and approval of the customer. If a drone is assessed by DJI to be irreparable- then perhaps- with the knowledge and approval of the customer, they would send out a refurbished aircraft. They would NOT just do it "on the sly" … so to speak.

If you want to get your bird fixed, why would you care whether or not they notified you anyways? You’re gonna get a bird in same or better shape than the one you sent in.

Reactions: chazzm
Glad to hear that my mavic is almost there to that location thanks

..im new here, my first day, ive owned 3 dji drones in the past please bare with me, it's been 14 days ups showing delivery was done left on dock, any number of info on Texas repair location.. text me, 708-979-1465

..im new here, my first day, ive owned 3 dji drones in the past please bare with me, it's been 14 days ups showing delivery was done left on dock, any number of info on Texas repair location.. text me, 708-979-1465

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allen25