DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Invoice for camera repair :/

AlanTheBeast

Reactions
Words to the effect that due to a hole drilled in the front shell, reinforcement with epoxy, etc. that they were now going to charge me $279 - not under warranty as in the first message.

Boy am I pissed now.

DJI looking for any way possible to avoid paying for the repair.
I am curious though why have you drilled a hole in your Mavic :)

Reactions: Cali-Mavic
He probably did since some of the Mavics are starting to self destruct and bubble in the front. There is a thread on it. The question is how does a hole in the front relate to a bad or damaged gimbal?

The bigger issue is that DJI is looking for every possible way to way to bill the customer and not deliver on their warranty. I will take a bet that soon gimbal cracks will be attributed to the use of non DJI branded ND filters.

Rob

There is a previous thread on here about someone who did the same thing. He swore he was still covered under warranty. To the point, in fact, he was kinda rude to anyone questioning him about it. You should check it out. His name was...

Oh nevermind.

Aaaand the bait was taken... Seriously though is that all this thread was? Kudos to you (seriously it was pretty good) but I think this thread can lock now.

Aaaand the bait was taken... Seriously though is that all this thread was? Kudos to you (seriously it was pretty good) but I think this thread can lock now.

I broke a rule of AF that it has to be posted before noon. Well ... it was before noon in Hawaii at least....

Reactions: NoSung7
LOL well it fooled me. Always using the Plausible in a good AF trick. Anything with DJI customer support is plausible ;)

DJI looking for any way possible to avoid paying for the repair.
I am curious though why have you drilled a hole in your Mavic :)

I didn't! AF and all that! If you followed the bumps and cracks thread you'd know where it came from.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair