DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI low noise props

tkf

Reactions

Anyone know if these are ever likely to come back in stock?! I've been on the waiting list since end of last year! Any other recommended sources for genuine DJI props? Amazon look to have them but reviews seem to say you don't get a full set.

Thanks!

I bought 2 pairs in May from Amazon and got it delivered in June. They do come as a single pair so you need to buy 2 pairs for a complete set.

Reactions: tkf
They are in stock...1656399249157.png

There are Master Air Screw low noise propellers on Amazon. I bought (2) pair last week. There is a noticeable difference, and now the props match the color of my wrapped drone. I even noticed they run a little cooler than the Mavic pair. Flew until the battery was telling me it was time to RTH and I didn't notice any flight differences.

Thanks all. Got some via a reseller in the end. Bizarre that DJI don't want money to ship products to the UK.

Thanks all. Got some via a reseller in the end. Bizarre that DJI don't want money to ship products to the UK.
Not just UK. I had to order a new cord for my iPhone to connect to the remote. Out of stock at DJI store. Had to buy from them through Amazon which meant I couldn’t use the credits I have received from DJI….

Just bought the low noise through Amazon as well.

I have been wondering about these for awhile now... this is my first drone and understood they were on the "loud" spectrum. And flying at 200 feet or more still
noisy. The "tests" on Youtube showed that the decibel readings were about the same
on a sound meter. But the pitch was different.. resulting in a "sound" less noticeable .
The Captain Drone guy had a video and he is exclaiming "They are quiet !..."
Well I sort of trust a sound meter over a guys "ear."

But.. well... they are on Amazon (US) for about $29 (4pcs ie complete set), and I really like the orange for visibility if I happened to loose the drone in bushes etc.
So I have the Master Air Screws coming.
At least I will have some orange visibility on the drone without extensive wrapping.

This darn hobby always gets you buying something....
In the fishing industry... 98% of the stuff in the tackle shop is to catch the angler... the rest to catch the fish. :cool:

I have been wondering about these for awhile now... this is my first drone and understood they were on the "loud" spectrum. And flying at 200 feet or more still
noisy. The "tests" on Youtube showed that the decibel readings were about the same
on a sound meter. But the pitch was different.. resulting in a "sound" less noticeable .
The Captain Drone guy had a video and he is exclaiming "They are quiet !..."
Well I sort of trust a sound meter over a guys "ear."

But.. well... they are on Amazon (US) for about $29 (4pcs ie complete set), and I really like the orange for visibility if I happened to loose the drone in bushes etc.
So I have the Master Air Screws coming.
At least I will have some orange visibility on the drone without extensive wrapping.

This darn hobby always gets you buying something....
In the fishing industry... 98% of the stuff in the tackle shop is to catch the angler... the rest to catch the fish. :cool:

I gave the master air screws a try and the sound was different but not that much quieter to me. An accidental impact with a juniper tree caused them to shatter like crumbled up Pringle’s potato chips though so that was the end for me.… sticking w OEM from now on..,

Ok... so finally got to test the Master Air Screws today.
Not an extreme test as I am on the border of a restricted area.
And I don't have experience in that situation.. I am completely mobile
so flying in this exact location hasn't been done before.
Just a warning in the Fly app... actually wasn't sure if the motors
would actually spin from what I have read in flying near etc areas.

Just took it up to 180 feet. Panned around.
And came back down.

So... the noise level next to the drone and ascending to about 10 feet
seemed the same.
But past that it surely was quieter than stock blades.
At 180 feet definitely quieter.

Also... when ascending in normal mode... a lot quieter.

Now... I am far from a rocket scientist... and decibel audio expert.

From the UTube videos I saw decibel measurements that equaled
the stock blades. But most of those were close to the ground and
nearly level to pilot... ie: almost horizontal.

Decibel is a measurement in "sound pressure"... thus too much pressure
your ears/head will explode.

So... at a nearly horizontal decibel reading of the blades...
as compared to the sound pressure reading (decibels) at altitude
There could be, and in my observation... a difference.
That is I have not seen a UTube video measuring the decibels at altitude.
Ascending etc...

The blades seem a little more flexible. Maybe that accounts
to giving the drone more gas and the pitch or decibels change.

I've only been flying since January... and I always thought
the drone was noisy even at altitudes 300-400 feet.

I am totally mobile (life on the road)....
So soon I will go out of the restricted zone area and give a good test.

Just don't crash into Junipers trees... well if you do... gather the berries..
and make gin.

Reactions: SoCal2S
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS