DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic 2 batteries not charging after 0%

BilalShafiqTanoli

Reactions
Hi all. I was doing a regular flight when as soon as i took of the drone didn't decrease altitude. When i tried to land it stalled just 20 feets above ground. RTH was also not functioning and i tried my best to catch it but couldn't reach it. So i waited till it's battery drained to 0% and then it landed forcely.
I immediately took out the battery, put in another and tested it it worked fine. After a while same issue happened and i had to drain the second battery too.
Now the batteries are showing no LEDs when pressing power button or either when charging. The batteries were fully charged and were OK before. Any suggestios ?

How old are the batteries? What was your prior use and charging habit? Do you log your flights with an app that your registered your batteries in? Drone Log Book has all of my flight data to include what batteries I used during each flight. I can see which ones I use over the other ones.

Correct me If I'm wrong but I thought any lipo battery even smart ones wasent suppose to be drained to 0%. I know from experience when I started flying drones in 2013 my lipo hit below 3.0 volts on a 3s lipo and when I went to charge it after it swelled up and that means junk.

For each cell from a lipo battery, the nominal voltage is 3.7 per cell but they can go up to 3.2v without hurting the cell but only for a short period. The maximum charge per cell is 4.2v in most of the cells.

If a cell goes below 2.8v will be difficult for a charger to recover it since can be dangerous. They can cause a fire or explosion. Good chargers like the iCHARGER 4010 DUO and other models have Recovery mode that applies a very low voltage for a short period intermittent and sometimes is able to recover the Cell. We need to keep in mind, every time this happens you kill the life of the cell and the total amount of charge that the cell can hold for about 10% every time this happened and even more if is for a long period.

This is why is not recommended to discharge the Lipos below their 3.2v per cell.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
juanfraf