DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji mavic 2 Pro Homepoint Not Correct?

Ang

Reactions
never used RTH, wanted to try out precision landing. set up an open spot in my driveway, told it to return to home. started to land into my back yard probably 20ft away. brought it back and set the home point to notice its setting a homepoint probably 20ft from where the drone was. setting homepoint to controller location was even farther. after one more time of setting the home, i would set it and the homepoint didnt even appear on the map. how do i fix this?

are you aware of the correct procedure for the home point to be set and locked into the drone
(1) most concrete has rebar in it which will confuse the compass
(2) you need a contrasting surface for it to lock on such as a landing pad
(3)dont take off till you have heard the message home point is set please check it on the map and the screen says ok to fly
(4) after it takes off go straight up 20 to 25 ft before you fly up and away this gives the drone time to record the home point

are you aware of the correct procedure for the home point to be set and locked into the drone
(1) most concrete has rebar in it which will confuse the compass
(2) you need a contrasting surface for it to lock on such as a landing pad
(3)dont take off till you have heard the message home point is set please check it on the map and the screen says ok to fly
(4) after it takes off go straight up 20 to 25 ft before you fly up and away this gives the drone time to record the home point
yes i am. the drone was on a white piece of paper, which was placed on my Dark black Tar Driveway. i then went up as you explained and it went to my back yard. after checking, it did actually set to my back yard rather then the place i had chose. and when trying again, it continued to set in other places

try doing a IMU and compass calibration ,it might help

never used RTH, wanted to try out precision landing. set up an open spot in my driveway, told it to return to home. started to land into my back yard probably 20ft away. brought it back and set the home point to notice its setting a homepoint probably 20ft from where the drone was. setting homepoint to controller location was even farther. after one more time of setting the home, i would set it and the homepoint didnt even appear on the map. how do i fix this?

If the home point is visibly wrong on the map then obviously it won't return to the right location and the cause of the problem is also obvious - poor GPS reception.

If the home point is visibly wrong on the map then obviously it won't return to the right location and the cause of the problem is also obvious - poor GPS reception.
the cause of the problem was a software glitch. after going back out a bit later to test it again, it immidately worked perfectly even without the sheet of paper on my driveway.

Last edited by a moderator:
the cause of the problem was a software fuckup. after going back out a bit later to test it again, it immidately worked perfectly even without the sheet of paper on my driveway.

I'm not familiar with that failure mode.

If the quad gets GPS lock late, then HP could be off. If GPS locked while over your backyard, there's your explanation. There's a reason she says "home point has been updated, please check it on the map"

The fly app has the ability to move the HP within the map view. Did they add that to the Go app?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imMike507