DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI MAVIC 3 CLASSIC - NOVEMBER 2ND 2022

I have been a prosumer of technology products for more than half a century. The first hard drive that I had experience with set me back $15,000 ($22,000 in today’s dollars). It was a revolutionary product. I mean WOW, 10 MB of storage That was 40 years ago and I have never regretted that seemingly ridiculous expense. I hope you are around to see the incredible drones and cameras that your grandchildren will be flying as they produce your great grand children. Postponing your enjoyment and potential financial profit waiting to save on “the next thing” is just as effective as DJI obstacle avoidance at dusk.

This is truly a wonderful forum and I have learned so much from all of you in my own short drone career. I hope everyone here has a chance to enjoy whatever drone they fly, TODAY!

How so?

The Classic is an alternative entry level Air 2S upgrade without the superior RC Pro controller nor the 7x telephoto, which is a game changer. It will most likely come bundled with the new dumbed down $309 DJI RC, so any savings from what the 7x telephoto costs on the Mavic 3 will be offset by a $200 increase in the included RC cost over the RC-N1. We shall see.

What makes the RC dumbed down in comparison to the RC Pro?

What makes the RC dumbed down in comparison to the RC Pro?
Brightness, functionality, transmission power, external antennae. Not sure if you can on the RC, but you can install apps on the RC Pro. BUT, if the RC fits your needs - great. It is slightly better than the RC-N1 in most aspects.

Last edited:
Reactions: GadgetGuy
If the classic had the 7x camera as the main camera I'd buy it. Somebody needs to make a sub $3k drone with a telephoto camera or lens that is actually as high quality as the wide angle cameras usually are. I'm so sick of taking extreme wide angle shots. I love the telephoto camera on the Mavic 3 but the photos out of it are only good enough for small prints.

Reactions: waynorth
"The DJI Mavic 3 Classic has the primary camera’s 20-megapixel sensor.
With an 84-degree wide field of view and a focal length equal to 24 millimeters and an f/2.8-11 aperture, it is nevertheless a competent 20-megapixel camera sensor.
The MFT sensor can offer a maximum picture resolution of 5280×3956 pixels and can focus on the subject of the recording from a distance of about three feet away.
The DJI Mavic 3 Classic has a large sensor and can capture 5.1K footage at rates of up to 50 frames per second. 120 frames per second is the max frame rate that can be produced for 4K movies, whereas 200 fps is feasible for Full HD recordings. There is a digital zoom with a maximum magnification of three times, and the ISO range is 100 to 6400.
The DJI Mavic 3 Classic is reported to have a maximum flying time of 46 minutes and uses the same battery as its two sister versions. The rate of ascent is stated as being up to eight meters per second, the same as with the previous variants. A range of up to 6 miles is provided when using the DJI RC remote controller that is included.
Aside from the removed telelens camera, the only other change in the datasheet is the five grams of weight reduction, which DJI lists as 895 grams.
The Mavic 3 Classic will be available from DJI in various configurations. One bundle will include the DJI RC remote controller, and there will also be a Fly More Combo offering additional batteries and accessories.
Lastly, and I know many of you will be happy to hear this, the DJI Mavic 3 Classic camera drone will also be offered without a remote controller or any accessories.
No pricing information was shared, but we still believe $1,400 to be a fairly accurate estimate."

😍
FgFkj2QVUAAVa7i-1536x864.jpg.webp
FgFkg6jUYAAXCFr.jpeg.webp
FgFkdITUUAI3fJu.jpeg.webp
DJI Mavic 3 Classic.jpg

Wait so it will or won't have a controller at $1400?

What was the price of the M2P when it came out?

Also, MicroUSB? Though the M3 had USB-C.

Wait so it will or won't have a controller at $1400?

What was the price of the M2P when it came out?

Also, MicroUSB? Though the M3 had USB-C.
Right now there are only rumors but the guess is at $1400 it will be no controller or the basic RC-N1 at most. I have not seen anyone say MicroUSB.

I see what you're saying but I would doubt that is the case considering the current Mavic 3. I would hope not, that is a terrible connector.

After selling my Phantoms I have settled on Mavic 2 Pro as my workhorse drone. But like most other drones I feel the wideangle lens can be limiting in many situations, often I need a narrower field of view.
So yesterday I purchased a lightly used Mavic 2 Zoom (for $530), I think it will be a perfect supplement to the M2 Pro.
I can use the same charger, batteries, remote and accessories (except filters), and not least it also uses the Go4 app.
I have never flown the Zoom but I am pretty excited about testing it. It seems to me like a versatile drone.
Good choice! The M2P and M2Z are great complementary drones that offer most of what the Mavic 3 offers, with a true optical zoom, but the telephoto is limited to 2x in 4K and 4x in 1080p. Both can already use Litchi because the SDK is available and both still use the superior GO 4 app. The realistic flight time of 22-25 minutes is the only limitation, which requires dealing with external batteries to increase.

I still have both of mine as backup aircraft for the Mavic 3, which offers an increased realistic 33-35 minute flight time and a full 7x telephoto, and superior images in low light and at night, but requires using the new Fly app.

Really the next step is at least a 3:1 zoom but with minimal compromise or picture quality compared to fixed lenses.

If it has soft corners at either ends of the zoom, then not so useful.

Yep confirmation that everyone that bought the Mavic 3, Mavic 3 Cine and the Pro Controller were SCREWED!!!
Why. Ive been flying it all year and very happy with this bird. Dont see why a different bird coming out a year later is going to make me feel screwed.
Do you own and fly the mav 3? And do you feel screwed? Or just outraged on our behalf?

Last edited:
Are usually drones available the day of the presentation with DJI?
If by "available" you mean "able to able to be ordered," yes. They tend to be pre-orders, with a specific future shipping date. Retail stores often have them available in store on the date of shipping release.

Reactions: Droniac
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danyjames_