DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Mavic 3 Launch Event And Order Status!

Order shipped today! Ordered last night... tracking says check back tomorrow for estimated delivery date... drone, flymore and tablet holder shipped via UPS and one battery shipped via DHL

Update at 9:32pm, UPS now showing the Mavic 3 fly more will deliver Monday

1636161840034.png

Last edited:
I ordered, through Amazon, the FlyMore bundle. Just over $3200, delivery date Nov.18. 13 days out from order date. Was hoping I could use my SC. I recently bought an iPhone 13 Pro Max, and I might use it with a hood. I will be watching closely early impressions of the 4/3 still results. I am a photographer and don’t care about video.
I'm planning on doing some thorough testing of that, as few reviews seem to be photography focused. Anything in particular you're looking to see? Planning on DR, resolution, panoramas, lens quality, etc.

For those who have bought already, did you all buy the DJI Care refresh for 2 years? Or not at all? If you did not buy DJI Care Refresh, what is your plan for warranty on the drone?

I am just wondering if there is an alternative to not paying the $400 for 2 years DJI Refresh.

What sort of delivery dates is everyone seeing? Mine came UPS ground from DJI, so it'll be here on Tuesday.
I ordered the fly more combo kit and the SC right when the live event was wrapping up Thursday evening. DJI store indicates a shipped status but when tracking FedEx, the label has just been created with no estimated pending arrival date. I’m expecting to hopefully receive it by the end of next week….

Reactions: MavicPeter
I'm planning on doing some thorough testing of that, as few reviews seem to be photography focused. Anything in particular you're looking to see? Planning on DR, resolution, panoramas, lens quality, etc.
Mostly dynamic range, but also sharpness/focus. The resolution hasn't changed from the M2P. Curious about the quality of the wide angle lens (the optional 15mm). Thanks! I am assuming that the design of the UI (for photos) will be about the same as before. Also assuming that the options for panoramas, AEB, bursting, etc. will be the same. If those assumptions are bad, I would appreciate understanding the changes. Look forward to your review!

RC Pro controller is sold out on DJI's website. Just like I knew it would. I wonder if they will sell it again as stand alone. They want to boost sales of the Cine package before they let it be available as a stand alone.

For those who have bought already, did you all buy the DJI Care refresh for 2 years? Or not at all? If you did not buy DJI Care Refresh, what is your plan for warranty on the drone?

I am just wondering if there is an alternative to not paying the $400 for 2 years DJI Refresh.
I ordered the Mavic 3 from Bhphotovideo and it was shipped yesterday. I have no plan to purchase DJI Care Refresh, which is overpriced IMO. I previous drone is Mavic 2 Pro, bought it for $1449 and covered it with State Farm Personal Articles insurance for $79/year. I plan to do the same for Mavic 3. It is going to be more than $79, but definitely not $200/year.

Reactions: PetitFrereArmada
I ordered the Mavic 3 from Bhphotovideo and it was shipped yesterday. I have no plan to purchase DJI Care Refresh, which is overpriced IMO. I previous drone is Mavic 2 Pro, bought it for $1449 and covered it with State Farm Personal Articles insurance for $79/year. I plan to do the same for Mavic 3. It is going to be more than $79, but definitely not $200/year.
That is interesting to hear. I plan to order the Fly More Combo next week. But I hope to sell the DJI bag and maybe 1 battery. As I think 2 batteries will be enough for me.

I have been torn about getting DJI Refresh or not. I had State Farm and DJI refresh on my Mavic 2. Never had to use any. But who knows if this is the time I decide not to buy and boom, I crash really soon during my drone ownership.

But since the DJI Refresh lasts for 2 years, I guess I might as well buy only that this time.

I just wonder how filing a claim will be with this new drone. If something bad were to happen. If they give you a hard time during a claim request or not.

That is interesting to hear. I plan to order the Fly More Combo next week. But I hope to sell the DJI bag and maybe 1 battery. As I think 2 batteries will be enough for me.

I have been torn about getting DJI Refresh or not. I had State Farm and DJI refresh on my Mavic 2. Never had to use any. But who knows if this is the time I decide not to buy and boom, I crash really soon during my drone ownership.

But since the DJI Refresh lasts for 2 years, I guess I might as well buy only that this time.

I just wonder how filing a claim will be with this new drone. If something bad were to happen. If they give you a hard time during a claim request or not.

Not sure why you purchased both State Farm and DJI refresh on your Mavic 2 - you really only need one or the other.

From my own experience, the price, coverage and service by State Farm is vastly superior than DJI.

Price:
- I paid $79/year to State Farm to cover my Mavic 2 Pro. DJI Care Fresh cost $149/year.
- I am going to talk to my State Farm agent next Monday to find out the price for Mavic 3, but I doubt it is going to be as expensive as DJI Care Refresh, which cost $239/year, or $399/2 years.

Coverage:
- the State Farm's insurance covers all the damage, including fly away, with zero deductible, no question asked.
- DJI Care Refresh charges you a replacement fee of $159/$199 for the first/second claim. If your drone fly away, then the fee becomes $739.

Service:
- You can setup the State Farm's insurance with monthly pay, just like how you pay your cellphone bill. If you decide to sell your drone on January, notify State Farm and your payment stops next month. If you purchase DJI Care Refresh, you have to buy at least one year's of coverage, and if you decide to sell your drone, you still end up paying the coverage for the rest of the year.
- I haven't had the need to file the claim for drone crash yet, but I also have my 16" Macbook Pro covered under the same policy. I travelled to Europe this August and my Macbook Pro was stolen from the rental car. When I fly back to the States, I reported the loss to State Farm by phone, received the full reimbursement check by mail within one week. Their claim process is fast and painless, which I am very impressed. I doubt that is the case, if I had to file a drone crash claim with DJI.

Not sure why you purchased both State Farm and DJI refresh on your Mavic 2 - you really only need one or the other.

From my own experience, the price, coverage and service by State Farm is vastly superior than DJI.
Thanks for the informative post. I guess I may not be buying the DJI Refresh when I order ny drone next week.

Too bad the RC Pro is out of stock all a sudden. I am sure it will be months now before it ever is available as a stand alone. I was interested in getting it.

I ordered the fly more combo kit and the SC right when the live event was wrapping up Thursday evening. DJI store indicates a shipped status but when tracking FedEx, the label has just been created with no estimated pending arrival date. I’m expecting to hopefully receive it by the end of next week….
Yeah, I’m a little disappointed with the shipping speed from DJI vs other stores.

Reactions: Acees40love
I just discovered that the Crystal Sky monitor will not work with the Mavic 3. I was ready to push the buy button but, now I guess I'll will keep my Mavic 2 and wait and see if DJI updates the Crystal Sky.
Mr.G
I bought the Tripltek 8 Pro and it’s comparable in price I think. I received it yesterday and it’s a solid rugged 8” android tablet. I’m hoping there won’t be any compatibility issues with the M3. UPS shows the M3 is 20 miles away at the UPS hub and should deliver Monday morning so I’ll find out.

The battery shipped from China and the M3 shipped from within the states so it’s great to see DJI was able to get a supply of them in the states before the holidays.

Last edited:
Lucky you! The RC Pro SC is sold out now. I want one! I plan to order the Fly More M3 next week.

How much did you pay for your Fly More including the SC? Did you pay for DJI Care Refresh or what is your plan for insurance for your M3?

Can anybody share with me their suggestions of what is the best and most affordable hard shell case for the Mavic 3 with cut-out for the SC at a cost less than $120.

I am currently considering maybe placing a pre-order for this one... PGYTECH DJI Mavic 3 Safety Carrying Case

Thanks for the informative post. I guess I may not be buying the DJI Refresh when I order ny drone next week.

Too bad the RC Pro is out of stock all a sudden. I am sure it will be months now before it ever is available as a stand alone. I was interested in getting it.
I have flown with a phone, a tablet (9.9" iPad), and most recently the SC. In my opinion, the SC is far from the perfect controller. I have had 2 out of warranty repairs, the screen is relatively small, and the range seems lower than the stock controller. It absolutely is the simplest and quickest to start a flight though. Even before I saw the new SC price, I was considering going back to the iPad or even my new 6.7" phone.

In my opinion, the SC is far from the perfect controller. I have had 2 out of warranty repairs, the screen is relatively small, and the range seems lower than the stock controller. It absolutely is the simplest and quickest to start a flight though.
I can see you were not happy about having 2 out of warranty repairs. That sure does not sound good. But I sure enjoyed having the SC with my M2. The price of the RC Pro SC is truly discouraging, but I plan to raise the money for one. Too bad it is out of stock already. I knew they would play such a game. Now it would never be in stock any time soon.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR